Double Din Stereos

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Cobb

Reaction score
How come like every double din stereo won't fit the my Trac ? Does the Trac have a short mounting depth or what ? I'm looking at the JVC KW-AVX706 6.5" Display/DVD/CD/MP3/WMA/SD Player but Crutchfield says it won't fit. It has a mounting depth of 6.3 inches. Just give me a few facts I guess. What is the mounting depth on the Trac ? :huh:

Depth should not be a problem. There are 2 that you will have though, 1st the console cover is sized for a 1 1/2 din factory head unit, so to make a 2 din unit fit you will have to trim that cover, not very difficult. And 2nd you will have to attach a bracket to mount the new unit so that it remains stable.

You can always purchase it and take it to an authorized car stereo dealer and they will install it for you.

D-

Did you have a pioneer 510 watt system before? I am going to try and install a Kenwood DDX 6019. They Tech's are telling me that I wont be able just use a wiring harness for installation! The say that all the speakers are powered by the amp. I will have to rewire everything. any comments???

this is sorta true.. they will have to get an amp bypass module, its about 50.00 and it should work fine. If they dont know about this then I would take my trac somewhere else.

In order for a double din unit to fit, the bezel will need some trimming. I have a double din Pioneer unit, and it required some trimming to fit.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts