EBAY PROBLEM WHAT TO DO

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
I won an auction that ended on 10/30, wanted it for a birthday present(11/9) and i immediately paid via paypal

On 11/6 i emailed seller wanting to know if they thought i would get it in time.

They responded it was shipped on 11/4, well 10 min. after i got there email, i got an email from paypal saying that seller had used there shipping and i goto tracking and it says it was notified to be expecting item for shipping. So seller didnt ship on the 4th.

i email seller and tell them this is unacceptable shipping time(5 days is more than enough time) they respond that if i wanted it shipped faster, i should have paid for faster shipping, i respond "faster shipping means from time it leaves P.O till it gets me and i shouldnt have to pay extra for them to get off there lazy a** and ship." well needless to say i still havent recieved item. The seller has 100% feedback (82) i have 100% feedback (230)

My mind was set that if i recieved item today i would leave neurtral feedback. Well i didnt get it today and im thinking very seriously about just leaving negative whether i get it or not.

any suggestions

thanks

rob

I would probably leave negative.

I recently bought 2 small ticket items, total cost was like $11, well I waited a week, and never got anything. I e-mailed them, got the same old routine, apology, will get it shipped ASAP. Got the PayPal e-mail just like you saying it was shipped. Got it a week later with a written apology, and an extra item (I had ordered 2, they sent 3, for my hassle), so I ended up leaving positive, but noted that the s/h was kinda slow. Still haven't received my feedback from the seller.

I would not leave anything until i get the product.... Waite till you get it,, Then decide...

Because then can leave you neg also...

Todd Z

Wait until you get the product or resolve the issue if you need to go back thru Paypal for a refund.

I had a similar issue not to long ago and it arrived defective when it did show up.

The issue really had to do with the fact that the seller was no from the USA as his add said he was. So shipping took for ever...

Then when there was an issue, no one there could speak English. Finally went thru Paypay and got my money back. It was a hassle but it all worked out in the end.

You may just not want to leave any feedback or neutral. Expectations may be a little high? I cant say I received many things in such a quick manner. there were also 3 weekend days there that are not business days.

Get the tracking # and see what day they ship day is. Furthermore, he has 100% positive feedback so there might be a good reason. And, if they shipped it via the Post Office, I'm finding they are taking longer than usual to ship items. The shipping software I use, depending on the zip code, will estimate how many days. Used to be 2-3 days for First Class mail. Now, I get 2-9 days for First Class mail to be delivered.

i have the tracking # (USPS) and all it says is "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 06, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later"

does this mean its still not shipped or do they just not update it.

The post off ice doesn't upate there scans like UPS or FEDEX. I recenly had an Ebay package sent to me. it said it was Post office was electronically notified on Nov,5. Then it showed up. no other scans. As for feed back, did if its what you asked for and a little late I would leave neutral. A lot of the time the USpost can longer.

Also I never leave feedback until I receive what I ordered and make sure its in good order. I still owe a seller feedback from three months ago. I'm recieved what I ordered but it was damaged. He has promised a replacement when he gets one. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Being patient...

Raserx

All that means is the label was created electronically on that day either on line, probably since you can ship through PayPal. Doesn't show proof it was actually dropped off or picked up at the post office. If he indeed sent it on the 6th give it a few days. You would be surprised how much mail gets delivered and lost. If he lives in a rural area that mail has to go to a central location in a major city in that state for processing. Seattle to California takes 2-3 days to be delivered by the post office.

Also, was insurance purchased with the shipping fee?

Wait until you get the item, then decide.

I have waited almost 4 weeks for items to ship from two different sellers on two different occassions. One seller kept saying they were sending in a couple of days, then later I found out the item was backordered, so I got my money back. The other seller it took them a month to send the part, but I finally got it. In both cases I started a PayPal dispute to get my money back.

In NEITHER case did I leave feedback of any kind. Why? Because each seller had a history of giving retaliatory negative feedback, and at that time and still today I had a 100% feedback rating. I didn't want that because I sell stuff on eBay sometimes.

So, expect to get "retaliatory" negative feedback if you leave the seller negative feedback. Do you really want that?

After all of these problems, I created another eBay account, just for buying stuff. That way I keep my "sellers" account at 100% feedback rating and am only at the mercy of my sales transactions; and I have a "buyers" account with a good rating (still 100%), but with which I don't really care as much if I get a negative in response to a negative.

eBay is a sellers market. Of all the people getting "screwed", I have to say that more of the "screwing" is coming from sellers.

TJR

Latest posts