EDIT: INFO ONE OF THE SADIST DAYS OF MY LIFE.. THE LAST Sport Trac Has been built !!! PLZ READ !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have posted, it's sad that Ford is not going to make anymore.

I figure, my 2007 will be the last truck I own. I don't see me driving anything else. It's paid in full and I don't want another car/truck payment again.

A terrible and unfortunate decision by Ford. After looking at buying a Toyota and Nissan small truck, I finally settled on the Sport trac. Why? Because of the domestic small trucks the Sport Trac is the only one with style and value. The oddity of this is that Ford has done nothing (along with other domestic manufacturers) to compete in any way with small import trucks. The only competition offered WAS the Sport Trac.

I once owned stock in Ford and was proud of their decision not to take government bail out money provided by the tax payers of America. But this is one to go down in the books as a fumbling of the business. We can only hope that Ford recognizes their mistake before they completely loss the small truck market to so many imports. ....shame on Ford.

I bought a 2001 Sport Trac recently and have plans to upgrade it a little. So for generations to come, I think there will be people like me keeping them on the road. I've owned a long list of classics including a 1964 Cadillac limo, only 808 ever made. So the fact that a company stops making a vehicle, doesn't mean it'll dissappear.

In fact, it wouldn't have been half the fun driving the '64 Cadillac Limo if it was still in production today and you would see them everywhere.

Same thing will happen with the Sport Trac, some day the next generation will be at a car show saying: "Wow, that's a nice classic truck!" and we can all say: "I used to have one of those" or maybe even: "I bought one new many years ago and still have it".

It's a good thing cars come and go, even the ones we love. If not, we would still be driving model T's and no vehicle would ever become a classic.

Bas

Oh dear, I just read this and am totally shocked. I still drive my 2001 Sport Trac and will continue to do so. This is a sad day. :cry:

Just bought a 01 model and with over 180 K it is like new inside and out. It has been garage kept and even the owners manuel is like brand new, the CD is still in the celophane wraper that is interactive in a PC. It is a great looking ride. Lots to learn about it though. It is a very nice Green color. I went to Morristown Ford in Tennessee and the salesman said that there is no way that Ford is stopping production. He had two 10's on the lot. Little did he know I guess.

I became Parts Manager at local Ford store in Ohio in 1973. We did a lrge wholesale business delivering parts to Independent Body Shops and with two trucks on road every day I needed to save fuel. I used one F-150 and a Ford Courier compact pickup. The Courier was great on fuel economy but not as nice to drive as F-150.

This changed with intro of Ranger. I drove many Rangers and owned several. I quickly went to the Super Cab on my own vehicle and then really loved the jump doors when intrduced on Super Cab. I knew that soon we would have a Super Crew Ranger and that I was sure I would have one. I waited and waited.... finally bought a Sport Trac as next best as I loved my Rangers ! As luck would have it, I fell in love with my Trac and find in this stage of my life it is near perfect vehicle for me.

Would I adjust and love a Super Crew F-150 if I had one? I love the look of the F-150 and probably like the room as I am 6' 2" and 240 but the Trac has plenty of room and more important fits in my garage. It is easy for us to get in as I am now near 70 and my wife and friends are all near or over 70. My Grandkids are 3 and 5 and they can hop right in. I thought the bed would be too short but it does what I want to do. I have a small farm a few miles from my residence and it hauls fine with good trailer capacity if I need more room..

Please Ford continue a perfect vehicle like the Trac for me and many of my friends who also love this vehicle. I will go to brand X if I have to but sure don't want to.

You have done this to me once, Ford as I bought an Aerostar for my main family vehicle the first year they came out. I then bought a Windstar the first year they came out followed by a second 2000 Windstar. Ready for Freestar and then you quit mini vans. No problem,I thought as I will just go to the leader of Mini Vans, CHRYSLER!

That is what I get for thinking ! Road noise, loose fitting doors, problems and problems. Nothing real serious yet but have to wonder what is ahead. One simple problem but very annoying? The Chrysler speed control buttons and power window controls are not lighted ! Since my wife drives it most of time and me only at night I sometimes have to turn on dome light to operate speed control ! DUH!!!!

Hope I have not bored you with my story but we must continue to give a united voice to Ford on the Sport Trac !! Who can we call or e-mail at Ford?

Thanks for listening !

Bill (Wanting and hoping to be a FORD man!) Ford you have been very good to me in my work and I want to continue to support you by driving your vehicles !

I am not a pickup truck kind of guy, but after seeing my first Sport Trac back in 2000, I said that it was the only truck I would consider owning. Less than a month later, I bought one...a 2001 Job1 in Torreador Red.

To my suprise, I like the truck so much and enjoyed the folks on this site so much that I bought another new Sport Trac in late 2003. This time it was Black and was a loaded XLT.

When my wife passed in 2007 I did not have a need for two vehicles and began to see the hand writing on the wall that the economy was starting to fade, gas prices would be going up and that Trucks and SUV's would not be the future for me. I traded in my Sport Trac and my wifes crappy Saturn Ion and bought a Mercedes. I have always wanted a Mercedes or a BMW and thought this was the right time to buy, so I did. I don't have any regrets, but there are times when I would have liked to have still had either of my old Sport Trac's back.

Like my old 1965 GTO, perhaps in another 20 years or so the values will sky-rocket and I will kick myself in the ass that I ever got rid of it...but only time will tell.

Perhaps in a few years Ford will resurrect the old Sport Trac name. If they do, I hope they follow the same path as they did with the new retro styled Mustangs, and don't screw it up like GM did with the new 2004 GTO.

...Rich

I was really really hoping Ford would have done a 3rd gen and built it a little taller, and offer stock over 300hp..... but now I just hope they bring it back. Mine is about to turn 5 here soon (good news being it will be paid off :)) but its already been well loved. I figured I would be ready to buy again in another year or two just for the sake of having a newer Trac.. but there goes that idea.... PLEASE FORD :)

It seems when they get something that is great, they have to modify it or stop it. I own a 2005 ST and even my wife loves it, if I am not careful I am left with the bicycle.:smack:

When I first saw a sport trac, I thought it was weird, and ugly.

Then when shopping for a new truck, I didn't want the size of the F series, too big, but wanted something I could carry the whole family in. Kind of reluctantly, I "settled" for a Sport Trac.

8 Years and 200,000 miles later, I still have that trac, and love it.

Thinking it was time for another vehicle, I planned on shopping for one this coming spring, until a couple days ago, a 2010 ST appeared on the lot. I brought it home last night, keeping my 02 ST as well.

I love this truck. It fits me perfectly. Shame it's going away. I'm glad I got one at the last minute so hopefully I can get another 8+ years before I have to move on.

My wife and I first saw a Sport Trac going north on Central Expy. in Dallas in 2001......we followed that vehicle admiring it......

We bought a 2002 Island Blue Sport Trac......after 180K miles, it is still with us.....

I so love this truck.......

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I saw an ST was in 01 and I bought one a few months later. There's something about this vehicle that is unlike anything else on the road and even after 160k miles I still look at it sometimes and think... man... this a nice truck! I've never owned anything longer than 3 yrs b4 this and plan to get another when this is ready for the crusher.

It was Feb 30,2011 a week ago I saw my 1st Sport Trac Ive never seen one till then. My wife and I were looking for another vehicle.(Ours was going and I needed something dependable) Of all places we went to was a....Honda Dealer. The Original owner actually traded in their 2002 ST Choice (I believed the term is ..Just under Premium), 4X2, Ebony, Immaculate and Beautiful. The original owner took fantastic care of the truck It looked brand new in and out ... A test drive and an hour and a half later. We were Sport Trac owners. Im going to keep this as long as it'll have us. And invest in another in a few years like a 2007 or 08 when prices go down. Im on Disability and my wifes a Teacher so Budgeting is a factor... But needless to say we fell in Love with our ST and couldnt be happier.

G & K ( 1 week owners)

I have 46K miles on my 2007 Limited V8 ST and I can tell you that it is the best riding, most capable truck I've ever owned. I've had 2 Rangers and 1 F-150 all of them loaded. The independent suspension and the smooth as silk 4.6L V8 simply make this vehicle a joy to drive. I am still amazed day after day of the smooth torque and six speed tranny's capability.

This vehicle would be a great used purchase. I don't have a single squeak, rattle or vibration after 46K. The only quibbles I have is the Michelin tires that came on my Limited wore out in 23K, and the visor mirrors on both sides broke at the hinge. I krazy glued them and vel-cro'd them and almost good as new. That's it. Not a single other issue with this vehicle.

I'm keeping mine until it falls apart which I expect to be beyond my lifespan and I'm 39.

So, Ford, why is everyone getting the sweet new Ausralian Ranger and we are not?:driving:

Latest posts