For Those Who Don't Like Censorship

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R,

Just my opinion, but I think you take the criticism of Ford products (especially the ST) too personally.

I'm in the military. How many times a day do you think I hear people bad-mouth the President and the War in Iraq and Afghanistan? If I took all those people on, I'd come home every day beaten and exhausted. I'd be miserable.

R said:
The ST goes thru the same testing. The article is about the Fseries. That's all that was communicated. Thus ensued the debacle.

Okay, so I will ask, without emotion or malice, what does a report on the testing of the F-Series mean for the ST?

You say Ford performs the same tests on the ST, putting the ST through the same paces and the ST fares as well. Where can we READ about that? Why can't we read about that? Why not take the skepticism that some are voicing here back to Ford and tell them:

"Guys, we are dropping the ball. We have a good story to tell here and it's not getting out!"

TJR

So much has been deleted or edited no way anyone could explain anything about anything from these threads. At least the launguage and spelling have improved....

here's R blowin again, not in his usual chantille evening gown though

what drama R, what drama

[Broken External Image]:

Not only isn't the article about Sport Tracs--but even if it was, and the article were to say that the Sport Trac passed the testing with flying colors, the question remains "So what?" Nowhere does the article say how any competitor vehicles did, or if they were even tested. So we really have no way of knowing what it means for a vehicle to have passed these tests.

Further, that article really didn't even contain any "data". It gives us a subjective summary of the tests, and then never tells us the results of the tests. The article was written from a marketing, not scientific, standpoint, and therefore doesn't hold much value to many people on this site who have demonstrated a fairly sound knowledge of scientific methods. If it provided some numeric information on how Ford vehicles did--even if they weren't STs--and how other competitors' vehicles did in comparison, then it might be something. But without that, the people on this site were correct to question this as fluff--and it is clear in reading the responses that they were questioning THE ARTICLE, not R himself--so he needs to stop taking everything so @#$%ing personally.

And I'm sorry, I can't let the article go without pointing out that the very first piece of numeric data in the article--THE DATE--is completely wrong. If the author can't even get that right, how can anything else be trusted?

Did someone call you a liar R...actually use those words?

Look at it from a different perspective for a second:

Ford is stealth when it comes to the ST, and that has left a lot of people on this site very disappointed over the years. So you come in, say:

"Look over here! Isn't this great! What great test results. Yeah, I know, it says F-series, but we do the same test for the Trac with the same results...trust me!",

A reasonable person would then assume its a Ford employee spouting unverifiable test results and hearsay rather than Ford doing what they really should do, which is do real ST tests and publish them in a legit fashion. A logical person would assume that if the test results are so favorable that only a really, really stupid company wouldn't formally publish them. Getting 2nd hand information from an insider at Ford isn't a very good marketing campaign, and more than anything, Ford needs better marketing and better education, inside the company, then with the dealers then with the public when it comes to its products.

You seem to be frustrated as well with the message not getting out and that's why I assume you posted what you did. But don't expect people to not be skeptical and to not shoot the messenger when the message is delivered informally, inproperly and about 6 years too late.

I applaud you for trying...I would applaud you more if you took posts (like this one), drafted a formal memo and had it on the new CEO's desk Monday morning. Or would that be a CLM (career limiting move) within Ford?

TJR

I just want to say that When a few of us was at the proving grounds ...we never saw an ST tested....We only saw a Zebra ;) ST's ARE tested the same as the F 150's and other trucks. but We never saw that... :D it was a Zebra I tell ya! :)

Edit: I did not know Todd Z was in AZ at the proving grounds here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Nelson, I seem to have the ability to kill a thread by posting a reasonable, "have you thought about it this way, and now that you have what do you think" type post!

TJR

Yes ToddZ was in CA that I knew. and yes ST and F Serie trucks are tested the same way.

Rodger ha ha You are! and I'm 103!!! woohooo!!! :)

Latest posts