For Those Who Don't Like Censorship

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess a retort of any sort is justifying the insults. Yet, I can't help myself.

I won't feel bad or apologize for not taking PR speak for the absolute truth. Doesn't matter where its from or who is saying it, PR is meant for one thing and one thing only: provide a positive spin on the subject matter. I won't be a close-minded lemming, following the herd of the cliff of "truth". PR is great, because there are enough simple people who don't bother to learn and research on their own who will read PR snippets and take it as is. PR makes sales, PR saves jobs, PR makes people feel good.

I am convinced that Fords are built sturdier (and thus heavier) than any other trucks on the market. I saw "The Truth About Trucks" video, and I have rode in other trucks that feel flimsy in comparison. However, if the engine and transmission don't work, then that just means my Ford truck is going to be heavier for me to push out of the road when it dies.

I'll buy another Ford whenever I can come here and see no one posting their issues with rattling engines and flashing O/D lights. Until then, I'll drive my Mazda.

Data-

Ford recently put up their entire US assets as collateral for an $18 billion loan.

That's a pretty radical step. Hopefully it'll work, but if it doesn't, Ford may be ringing their own death knell.

Oh, yeah, 38,000 UAW Ford employees just opted for a contract buy-out.

Just a little more data to gnaw on.

That's a pretty radical step. Hopefully it'll work, but if it doesn't, Ford may be ringing their own death knell.

From what I read, Ford was the only automaker that has never done that until now. GM and Chrysler did it years ago.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
True, and for them, it worked. We can only hope the same for Ford.

If it doesn't, it won't bode well for Ford at all.

With the automotive landscape as it is now, a major restructuring like what Ford needs and is doing is a bit more risky. The new regulations being proposed and passed down in the government means that Ford won't be able to use successful models from the European and Australian markets as easily.

Ford does seem to making good steps, with a successful Fusion and introduction of new models and the phase out of archaic ones. But a pretty face isn't all that is needed. Ford really needs to look at their dealers, the dealers are the public face of an automotive company, and it seems that face would spit on you then help you.

Latest posts