For Those Who Don't Like Censorship

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tire shops 'round here give you tires, as do most other shops. They have to pay to have them removed, and if you remove them for free, you save them money.

My next car (probably a Nissan) will be built as a semi-drifter, and the next project will most likely be a track-spec "street legal" drifter...no idea on a model yet.

Talk to your "colleagues" on here about bein nice, this would have not transpired.

We are nothing but members here. You work for Ford, you represent Ford. If Ford goes under tomorrow, you will be up sh!t creek without a paddle. It won't affect me at all.

I can understand your frustration. You are making it worse. As a representive of Ford, you are giving us the attitude Ford has with their product. I have 80,000 miles on my Trac and with the new models coming out, I plan on keeping it longer. They are getting ugly and they aren't selling.

As I said before, put your frustration on making reliable good looking cars. Don't get mad at someone because they are pissed off about thier tranny going south at 40,000 miles. Be mad at yourself.

Tom

Looks like Ford has a new slogan:

"Its YOUR fault we're RED".

"R", your head is so clouded with whatever it is that's clouding it that its not even worth the time anymore. You are a Ford employee, for now, and you come onto an enthusiast site and start crap with the members, call the members derogatory names, and blame us for Ford's failure? With people like you working for them, I can see why Ford is having such a tough time getting and keeping customers.

Hey R, when you use the term "sic", to which definition do you like us to relate?

Sic is a Latin word meaning "thus", "so", or "just as that". In writing, it is italicized and placed within square brackets — [sic] — to indicate that an incorrect or unusual spelling, phrase, or other preceding quoted material is a verbatim reproduction of the quoted original and is not a transcription error.

This may be used either to show that an uncommon or archaic usage is reported faithfully (for instance, quoting the U.S. Constitution, "The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker...") or to highlight an error, often for the purpose of ridicule or irony (for instance, "Dan Quayle famously changed a student's spelling to 'potatoe' [sic]"), or otherwise, to quote accurately while maintaining the reputation of the person or organization quoting its source.

In folk etymology, "sic" is sometimes erroneously thought to be an abbreviation of "spelling is correct", "same in copy", "spelled incorrectly", "spelling incompetent", "said in context", "stupid in context", "stand incorrect", "spelling intentionally changed", or "sans intent comique", to cite but a few backronyms.

OH. This whole thread and the other one do not make any sense to me. I was just wondering what you meant by sic. Although, the one above, "stupid in context", does seem to apply here.

I'd hate to see Ford go under. Where else can you get a five year loan for 0% interest? I'm serious. Also, when I come back to the US, I'll be in the market for a new vehicle. I want a truck, and I would like to have an option of buying an American one. Chevy's trucks are pretty wimpy, and Dodge isn't American anymore. Ford just needs to build a truck that hasn't been designed by the guys at "Pimp My Ride".

Nelson,

Good luck... seriously... I just want a good truck, I could care less who builds it... though I love the F-150's, but I also like my truck too...

re: For Those Who Don't Like Censorship by R,12/1/2006 13:09 CT

LOL

Dude - All I posted was that article, and you guys turn it into this. Who's to blame?

The article was about F-250 Super Duty. It didn't say anything about SportTrac. A few folks asked questions about this, and Mr. R started attacking them and calling names, responding very irrationally.

Drinking?

R,

Most of us that have been around remember when ToddZ went to the proving grounds in Arizona. I have no doubt the test occurred just as you stated. Todd spoke a lot about the test and there was even an article posted back then about it.

I really don't know why you are so worked up. People pick on some of my posts and I just blow it off. I'll usually just reply with some humorous jab, and be done with it. I am no "Truck God" and there is no reason why I should think everyone should believe my opinion or hang on every word I post.

Why the attitude? You've been here for a year now. All the people you've labeled as "Bad Apples" have also been here a long time. Do you think this many people would be calling you out just to pick on you? :unsure:

Latest posts