getting sad!! may have to sell!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David H

Reaction score
well i found out i gonna have twins in six months.. finally getting the trac looking how i want it to. but already have a 2 year old so may have to sell her and upgrade to something bigger!!!!! i jus got the black tail lights and headlights on finally.. took off roof racks and was planning on lowering this weekend!!! SAD SAD!!!!!

Calm down, I don't see the problem. The back is big enough for 3. Unless you go used mini-van (gag), I don't believe you'll find anything better for the same $.

i need as many people to say that as possible to make my girl believe its enough room wit comfort!!!!! she said i had to advertise next week to sell to find a tahoe or something.. think she tired of me spending my nights on here and my weekends doing something different to my trac!! i mentioned it today at work and already have people interested in buying so this really sucks!!!! think i should jus keep as a play truck and still get a tahoe... hehe

Heck yeah, the ST is big enough. What babies wouldn't be comfortable in one? And anyway, who knows what feels comfortable to little ones? Go out and beg borrow or steal (3) car seats and hook them into the Trac. Bring your girl out and show that they fit. Be sure to point out the seat anchor points too. I'd say it'd be good for a few years more.

Tahoe? Yeah, maybe nicer and roomier but with petrol on the rise, how can you justify one? Bigger payment and more trips to the filling station.

The back seat of a Tahoe is no bigger than your Trac ... and if you have a tonneau cover, you can store your baby stuff and all out of thieves site !! A friend of mine wanted to buy one after he had his third baby, so y'all can fit !!

Good for you Hutch.

I will be the first to tell you that the backseat of a ST is a tight squeeze with one carseat, add two and it's very difficult for a full size adult to squeeze in. There are wider seats, and a car with a third seat may be even better an option. I know when I was carrying precious cargo I always liked to keep the baby seat in the middle.

TJR

i hope so!!! we go to hear heartbeats thursday so after i hear for sure its two gonna go buy the twins car seats and show her!!

lol.. i have them now wit jus the 2 year old!!1 lol... i think bout a hotle sometimes now!!!lol.. i finish drywall so work is tuff and need alot of sleep!!!

You have a decision to make. While I wish I could be like the rest and say the ST will be just fine I am not too sure of that. I have no personal experience as I only have 1 child ATT but I would think having something with three rows would be best. I would be interested in hearing if anyone here routinely uses their ST with 3 car seats in the back. One good thing if you did get a cap as some have suggested you would have quite a bit of room for all the "stuff". The other "stuff" is what really starts taking up space, you start trying to put strollers and all the luggage required to travel with 3 kids in a vehicle and you run out of room fast. We only intend to have 2 children but if twins should come along next I think I would have to seriously consider getting a different vehicle (actually I would probably keep the ST and trade in wife's car for a mini van of sorts) preferably something with three rows and seats that fold down to make for more storage. You certainly should be able to fit the three car seats in there (your 2yo forward facing and the twins rear facing outbound) but it will be a tight fit and kind of difficult to manuever around on seat to get to the next. Do you currently have another vehicle that you could consider trading. Bottom line you COULD do it in an ST but something bigger would be better IMHO.

PS dont let your girlfriend read this:D

I have a 3 y/o and 2 y/o twins. Had all three car seats in the back this weekend. Other than the constant kicking of my seat, it's fine.

lol... thanks for all the replies i gonna let it run up then show her all the replies and let her make the choice i guess.. :) my st is my baby!!

Would you like me to edit my post?

Wouldn't want you to lose the ST base on my unexperienced opinion. :lol:

Hey hutch.

If you do decide to sell lemme know. I may be interested in buying ur wheels/ tires...as long as you have the OEM's to put back on so you can sell the vehicle. That being said...don't sell man!

I convinced my wife to keep the Trac when our first one was born. I have a 11 month old and a 6 year old. 1 baby carrier and a large booster seat. I just now put our extra baby seat on the other side. Heck I don't see a problem.

We did sell her Saturn due to the small back seat. It was a 4 door. We did buy a minivan for her. Nothing beats a minivan when hauling kids around. I got one without the auto doors. She opens those things 6 times a day I think. I can see now those auto doors giving out over time.