Got flipped the bird by a Ridgeline driver.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you may laugh at a Ridgeline, but check out this fact (from MSNBC.COM):

For example, the Honda Ridgeline, which took top honors in the compact pickup category, has stayed on dealers' lots an average of 24 days, compared to an average of 77 days for all vehicles in the category.

You know the worst thing about the Ridgeline? It is a Honda, so it will probably last 10+ years on the road. At least the Aztek's and Yugos were crappy vehicles that were quickly recycled into something that looked like a real car/truck. :p

Q: what agenda? those are hard sales facts. Guess if something isn't what you want, you can always dismiss it.

Nelson,

When I first saw the ST I thought it was ugly. It took a year before I 'learned' to like it. The Ridgeline is not a bad looking vehicle for what it is meant to be - a weekend luxury SUT for the masses. I kinda like it. Maybe in a couple of years I'll like it a lot. But it will never be a truck.

Q,

Facts are facts. I don't see any agenda. Or is that the liberal agenda?

:)

I agree with Rocco. I first thought the SportTrac was butt ugly when it came out. (the curved seam/transition between the cab and the bed looked really queer.)

Anyway, the look and the overall design started to grow on me, and now I am proud of my Trac.

The Honda is attractive, but in a different way than the SportTrac. I don't think you can compare the two.

The Avalanche and its little brother the Aztec will always be butt ugly.

I've seen some Avalanche's without the ugly plastic cladding that actually look pretty decent. I'd never buy one, but they're aren't butt ugly.

Darin,

I would expect the Ridgeline to be selling well right now. Most new vehicles do the same thing. I wonder how long a new Mustang sits on the lot. 10 minutes?

The dealer Theresa works for has people follow the truck to the dealer to inquire about buying one.

Tom

Q: The information in the article came directly from JD Power and associates.

I'm trying to find the other article that stated Honda had to up production on the Ridgeline from 50,000 to 80,000 units due to higher-than-expected demand.

Here's a link to the MSNBC article:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chevrolet Avalanche was the Motor Trend Truck of the Year. They sold like hot cakes...the first few years.

I wonder how they are selling now?

Will the Ridgeline be any different?

To be honest, I think the Ridgeline will get the Motor Trend Truck of the year honors. Sounds impressive?

That honor was given to the Renalt Encore as Motor Trend's Car of the Year. The Renalt was a fine automobile...until you drove it home.

Few automobiles fail during the first year. A few I can think of is a Pontiac Aztek and Lincoln Blackwood. The Aztek is too ugly and was priced too high for people to ignore that fact and the Blackwood was a mistake from the start. I even told the Ford people at the autoshows that the aluminum lined bed was a mistake and it won't sell.

IMO, the Ridgeline sales will be near a standstill in three years.

Tom

Q, rationalize these things anyway you see fit, it's obvious that anything not in favor of your exact opinons is faulty or stupid.

BTW, Q, you have not presented any facts to contridict anything that has been said. All you have are opinions and theories.

I'll tell you what I do understand, the meaning of the word "fact". You see those words you used, "could", "not enough data", "no solid baseline"? Do you know what facts are? Facts are somthing that are REAL, not "could 'possibly be' ", something with lots of data to support it, not "not enough data", and an established baseline for comparison, not "no...baseline". Facts are somthing to be proven true through established data. A theory is a logical (or illogical) guess about something, and opinons are how one feels based on any number of personal beliefs. So, Q, until you can provide a link or cite a source for any of your information, it will remain to be biased opinon and theories.

Q wants 'facts' and a 'true comparison...'

The ST sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 80,000 units its first year. (I think the 2001 sold a little over that, but it actually covered about 21 months time.)

How many has the Ridgeline sold so far.

That will do for a first year comparison.

Yup, that's it. I'm ignorant and stupid, and everything is faulty in favor of the other guys.

Rocco,

I'm not sure of 2001 numbers, but 80,000 sounds about right...of course like you pointed out the 2001 model year span nearly 2 calendar years. Since then, I think the units sold per year is closer to 60,000. Kinda hard to get firm numbers from Ford, as they like to lump all Explorers together.

For what it's worth, The ST was a slow seller from the get go, it didn't pick up stride until late '01 model year.

Awwww crap another "I read it on the internet! It must be true!"

I've come to realize many printed publications are just as bad. I know for a fact that Yamaha has a huge advertising contract with DirtWheels. Thus new reviews of other companies quads are always inferior to Yamaha. Tuner shops with Hot Rod, MM&FF, this tuner gets all the articles. Car and driver is biased due to advert sales. I don't even think Edmunds has an unbiased opinion any more. It's very easy to skew numbers one way or another to make a product look good. I deal with it daily. If you tilt the chart a little this way it looks like we're on track to make our deadlines. JD power can be biased, it doesn't take much, just gain everyone trust, buy a crapload of stock in say Audi... start compairing Audi's to everything out there and saying how the Audi is the better car. Presto you steer the comsumer market and make a bundle at the same time. :angry: $$ talks, and sadly can steer the consumer market. What car publication said the Aztec was a kick ass car? None that I recall, might have had something to do with the flop.

BTW the Ridgeline might be moving from Lot to Lot not Lot to comsumer. They may be selling like hotcakes in FL but not Cali, Cali couls ship thiers off and trade them for Civics which might be selling better in Cali and FL. Dealers shift inventory all the time. Saying they only sit on the lot 24 days doesn't mean much if the supply is lower than the demand or they consider lot changes as 'leaving the lot'.

Just my opinion, though I'm kinda biased, I own a Ford and like it.

Yep. Ford classifies the SportTrac as an SUV, in the same class as the Escape, FreeStyle, Expedition, and Explorer.

Q: do your homework. The Ridgeline is NOT based on an Odyssey.

The Ridgeline is more closely related to the Honda Pilot. I like how you pull info out of thin air.

Latest posts