Gots me a new laptop! whoo hoo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Rose gave me her blessing, and I picked up a new laptop for the office. $598 This thing is awesome!

[Broken External Image]:

Acer Aspire 5050

Operating System

• Windows Vista™ Capable

• Windows Vista™ Premium Ready

• Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Platform • • AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology MK-36 (2.0 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache), supporting AMD PowerNow!™,

technology and AMD HyperTransportâ„¢ technology, 64bit OS support

• ATI Radeon® Xpress 1100 chipset

System memory 1 GB of DDR2 533/667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB

Display and graphics

• 14.1" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite™ TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, supporting simultaneous multiwindow

viewing on dual displays via Acer GridVista™ • 16.7 million colors

• Up to 2048 x 1536 resolution via non-interlaced CRT display

• MPEG-2/DVD hardware-assisted capability

• S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) support

• Acer Arcade™, featuring Acer CinemaVision™ and Acer ClearVision™ technologies

Storage subsystem

• 100GB hard disk drive

• Optical drive:

• 8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive

• 24X DVD/CD-RW combo drive

• 5-in-1 card reader, supporting Secure Digital (SD),

MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick® (MS),

Memory Stick PROâ„¢ (MS PRO), xD-Picture Cardâ„¢ (xD)

Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes

• 44.6 W 4000 mAh Li-ion battery (6-cell)

• 2.6-hour battery life

• 3-pin 65 W AC adapter

• Touchpad with 4-way scroll button

• Four easy-launch buttons: Empowering Key, Internet, email, user-programmable

• Two front-access communication LED switches: WLAN, Bluetooth® Audio • High-definition audio support

• Two built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers

• Built-in microphone

• Sound Blaster Pro™ and MS Sound compatible

• LAN: Fast Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready

• Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval, Wake-on-Ring ready I/O interface • PC Card slot (Type II)

• 5-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)

• Three USB 2.0 ports

• External display (VGA) port

• S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) port

• Headphones/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support

• Microphone-in jack

• Line-in jack

• Ethernet (RJ-45) port

• Modem (RJ-11) port

• DC-in jack for AC adapter

• 3-pin 65 W AC adapter

Last edited by a moderator:
you will love it

there support is AWESOME.

my then 2yr old pulled mine off the end table and it messed up the power cord, called support, sent out another cord. Another time the little one pulled some buttons off the keyboard, they sent out a new keyboard.

best support ive ever seen.

WAL-MART Special If you don't want a dvd burner,,, be at the door when they open in the AM/PM 2MORROW!!!! They have a heel of a deal on another laptop.. 399 I think.... almost as good... check your flyers

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on if you have the "blue law" in your county. Here,, they will hand out lottery style tickets at 1PM and then at 1:30 they will sell what they have....

I think it's the same here in Charleston County, but I'm not quite sure what blue laws have to do with selling computers.

It's hard to explain, but basicly, if it's not food or gas, you can't buy it before 130pm on Sunday.. SC and it's laws......sheeeesh:blink::blink:

Cool Deal,

New Computer stuff is all ways Cool !!! :cool::cool:

Todd Z

LaRue,

Acer's call center is in Temple, TX, about 25 south of where I live. I had applied their for the Call Center Manager position there and made it through 3 interviews, but in the end I did not get the job. So is suspect that there call center is not as good as it could have been if I had gotten the job...:p

The call center in Temple, TX handles all of North America and they were about to start picking up the calls for South America as well. They prefer that you use their online help, the website, even email, before you call. The Temple office has a large fenced-in warehouse section in the center of the building, and the offices are around the perimeter of the building. That warehouse has nearly every part you may need if you Acer Laptop craps out, but they have a very good reputation for reliability and they do have excellent support....You won't have to talk to someone from India who barely speaks english. In fact one of the Call Center programmers that would have been working for me if I got the job, only lives a couple of miles from where I live.

I think you will like your new laptop.

Good luck,

...Rich

L, guess they do have different laws in Charleston County for merchandise sales on Sunday. Walmart lady told me they sold out at midnight. Oh well, I may go ahead and get me one of the Acer's there anyway.

Rich, what makes you think that the rest of America can understand anyone from central Texas? :lol:

I ordered this computer from Dell last Wednesday, and it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow:

Inspiron 640M, Intel Core

Processor Duo T2300E

(2MB/1.66GHz/667MHz)

This is the fifth Dell computer I have purchased. They have awesome products and prices ($819 to the door with free shipping). They have overseas support in Poland, so I don't have to worry if it chokes overseas. :)

Latest posts