Hard to close hood?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I opened the hood on my 07 Trac to show a co-worker and we tried for 15 minutes to get it to close properly.

Anyone else having this problem?

My 03 Trac didn't have this problem, I am hoping it is something that's easy to fix.

Thx, Jacque

Ran into the same problem. I haven't had much time to look at it. For now I'm goin with tight clearances. What I do know is if you don't get it on the first shot (you close it - it pops up partially - and then you push it down, from there, to close it) it will pop open at the first bump in the road.

Try pushing the hood release Handel back in after you pull it to open the hood...

Worth a try...

Todd Z

Mine is difficult to close too. Passenger doors also don't fit well either.

Bottoms stick out about a quarter of an inch. Dealer says no more adjustment

on doors. Saw one at dealer that was at least a half inch off.

Wow, these issues do not sound good for the 07.

If I had doors that far out of adjustment and they could not be adjusted, FORD would be the owner of my vehicle...

Wow, these issues do not sound good for the 07.

No they don't. And the review articles I've been reading lately have been very keen on fit and finish standards. What a shame, I hope it's not a widespread issue. Hopefully only thumperjb, Flyer, and Clarence are all that's affected. J/K guys...

No offense taken, Flip.

On the contrary, I've become sensitized re: complaining bout my '07 because I don't want any ensuing rant to diminish the enjoyment and loyalty experienced by the other '07 (V8) owners. There's a lot of hard working, law abiding, fine Americans enjoying the fruits of their labor (new '07 STs) and I couldn't be happier for them. From what I gather here, Ford seems to have gotten right, or made it right, in about 7-8 out of 10 tries. Some would say those numbers are pretty good but you won't hear it from the likes of Clarence and me. At least not yet.

Hey Clarence. "When you're right, you fight - and you win." (Usually)