hmmmm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Anderson

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Ive been a member for 1 year now and ive been very happy with this website. Could someone please let me know why my back speakers sound muffled, i bought 2 pairs of new kenwoods and the front ones sound really good but the back ones seem alittle quiet. I kept the stock headunit and i dont have an amp yet. so can anyone tell me something please. thank you

They are all the same speakers? What I mean by this is all 3-way and not 2-ways in the back and 3-ways in the front. (or visa versa) Are you listening to the difference while in the front seat? The back will sound muffled if you are.;)

Tom, with audiophile system that was optional in the original 2001, the factory head unit has a built in low-pass circuit that splits the low frequency out to the factory subwoofer unit. So, the rear speakers have a bit less punch than the fronts, because the lows are going to the sub. Don't know what year or what system you have, but I suspect that's the reason.

You can tweak that a bit with a 4 channel amp, which is how mine is set up.

Latest posts