Honda Ridgeline, MT TRUCK of the year

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mud Flap, you are NOT paying attention. You must be thinking of Edmunds. CR DOES NOT accept advertising money from ANYBODY, let alone car manufacturers. That is the only way they can be unbiased in their reporting. They finance their operations by private fund raising and subscriptions to their magazine and website. They do not accept money from any company/person who's product might make it to their test labs. Anyway...I'm surprised you don't want to read it out of curiosity.

I'll go check the article out when I get a chance.

RLowner, DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP BRINGING UP THIS THREAD with crap like, "I guess I outlasted everybody?" Did you ever think that WE MOVED ON?? Get a freakin life and stop being childish... your whole reputation of being this member who wants to educate people about your truck just took a nose dive. Move on.

Gavin - "Let's see if your Ridgeline outlasts the SportTrac!"

Oh, I have NO doubts about my RL outlasting many vehicles that are on the road right now, including, but not limited to, the ST.

Hey Mudflap.... I don't think I was being "childish". Actually, out of all the posters in this thread, I have probably showed the most respect of anybody....so I wouldn't say I have been childish.... steadfast in my beliefs, maybe, childish, no. I was enjoying the lively debate and I'm just a little disappointed it ended, that's all.

My life does not revolve around this forum, by the way, and I have a very nice life...thank you very much. I was just having a little fun. It's been fun to see how riled up some folks can get talking about their rides. I mean, out of all the things in life, how "great" your vehicle is comes pretty low on the priority list....behind marriage, family, career, just to name a few....don't you think?

OK, no problem. I will sign off from this forum for now. But, I will check back time to time and, if I see any more BS being spewed about the RL....like the Terminator said, "I'll be back".

Have fun, enjoy your ST's, and take care.

Haha.....you guys crack me up! You really do! You guys rip on the RL for not having a solid rear axle..... instead it has an independent rear suspension.... and you guys rip on the trunk in the bed.....and that the RL isn't a real truck because it's "cushy" with those leather seats and smooth ride.

Now what did I just read about the '07 ST...?... it's gonna have.....that's right, an independent rear suspension, storage compartments in the bed, and yes, leather seats.

What's the old saying I'm looking for......Oh yeah!..... "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". :lol:

I never said I approved of the IRS used in the new Sport Trac. Also, Ford doesn't call the Sport Trac a truck, but actually what it really is, an SUV...Unlike Honda calling thier a 1/2 ton truck that is misleading.

The Trac has always had leather seats as an option.

Tom

Anyone that feels the need to repeatedly troll a message board defending his choice in vehicles is pathetic and seriously needs a life. (And probably some medication too.)

We're all thrilled that you like your RL, now kindly STFU and let this thread die.

Tom - "I never said I approved of the IRS used in the new Sport Trac. Also, Ford doesn't call the Sport Trac a truck, but actually what it really is, an SUV...Unlike Honda calling thier a 1/2 ton truck that is misleading".

OK, I wasn't gonna call you to the carpet on that one Tom....but since you keep repeating the same stuff over and over.....Doesn't Ford call the ST an "SUT" and what does SUT stand for, Tom (A Sport Utility Truck)? Actually, I just found a quote on the Ford Media site, "The Ford Sport Trac is, according to Ford, the world's first sport-utility truck". So, you're ranting about "The ST is not even a truck...and Ford does not call the ST a truck", is all wet.

Now, one of your main arguments has been the RL is not a truck because it is only rated to tow 5000 lbs. Well, I have been reading forum after forum, and thread after thread, that people have been towing things well in excess of the 5000 max. tow rating with their RL...over 9000 lbs. in some cases....with no problems. I guess, your argument there is standing on pretty shaky ground also.

Ethan - "Anyone that feels the need to repeatedly troll a message board defending his choice in vehicles is pathetic and seriously needs a life."

Again, I am not a troll....nor am I trolling. As I said above....If I was a Troll, I would have come in here and misrepresented myself as a ST owner....and then I would have trashed the crap outta the ST...just to stir things up here. Plus, I would be hijacking every thread, just to see if I could get a rise outta somebody. IMHO I have been pretty good here, I have ID'd myself as what/who I am, and I have not hijacked any threads. I have stayed exclusively in this thread to make my stand. I am not like some of your ST forum buddies who go to other threads and sink to personal attacks in other threads.

Besides, IMHO, anyone who sits in one vehicle forum while trashing another, is the one who is pathetic and seriously needs a life. Remember, I am not the one who ever called the ST a piece of sh!t or anything like that. It's been your ST forum buddies (Trashing the RL!). Now, you are calling me a jerk for standing up for something I can believe in. Give me a break. If you can't handle a little competition ... you are the one with the problem, not me. You don't like what is discussed/said here...it's a free frickin' country....don't bother reading anything in this thread. There, problem solved!!!

Tom - "I forgot something, the new Trac is not FWD either."

So, what's your point, Tom? Neither is the RL. Does it have the ABILITY to be a FWD vehicle.... it also has the ABILITY to put up to %70 of the vehicles power to the rear wheels... and everything in-between. Can your ST do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Trac puts 100% to the back wheels. I have the option of buying a RWD vehicle.

Ford callking it an SUT? No, I don't think so. They call it an SUV, not a 1/2 ton truck.

Tom

Tom - "My Trac puts 100% to the back wheels. I have the option of buying a RWD vehicle."

So you are saying that the ST does not offer as much flexibility as the RL does. OK, I can agree with that.

Tom - "Ford callking it an SUT? No, I don't think so."

From Fords' own media page (http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=20470) talking about their new Adrenilin ST. In it they talk about the original ST... and I quote:

"Adrenalin also builds on the multi-functional personality of the original Explorer Sport Trac, which created the SUT market, when it debuted in 2000. "

Ford calling it an SUT? Yes, I think so.

Gavin - "So when are you going to post some pics of the Ridgeline? How about some pics of under the hood and the undercarriage too?"

Go to Honda.com and you can see all the pics you want. Either that, or stop by your local Honda dealer and pick up a RL brouchure.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG why have I just seen this thread? I say just tie a tow strap to them both and see who pulls who. You know what would be interesting? Let's have a country wide meet of both ST and RL owners and go through a little endurance test. We can have a nice competition between the 2 to finally squash this BS. I've never driven a RL so I'm not going to speak. Do I like it? Not really, but I have no personal experience with it. The only way to settle it is by a face to face comparison and testing them through equal means.

Latest posts