Honda Ridgeline, MT TRUCK of the year

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother had a Volvo. When it ran, it ran great. When it needed work, he had to dig deep in his wallet. Really deep.

Tom

Man, that is a bummer.....Ford needing to lay off 30,000 workers and close 14 plants. That really sucks.

Well, Chrysler had to restructure, GM is going through restructuring, so I guess it was only a matter of time that FMC had to restructure too. Hopefully they will come outta this better than before.

I know coming from a non-Ford owner, the above may sound sarcastic....but it is not. Coming from a guy who was outta work for quite a while, trying to figure out how I was gonna make my car/house/etc. payments...... it sucks to be outta work. I feel for those folks that are going to be losing their jobs.

Like the old saying goes, "Jobs are like birthdays.....they both suck, but not having them is even worse"!

The RL reminds me of something I scraped out of my belly button last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was over 400. Actually two threads, because Rich Stern had to close the first one. It was bogging down the server. I think it was a word association thread...you know, a person posts a word, and the next guy posts the first word that comes to mind from the first word, etc.

Are we still debating what is what isn't a truck?

If so, can someone show an established "AUTHORITY" providing a definition or a recognition of what is and what isn't a truck to backup their position?

Note that the one established authority I know of that defines/recognizes which vehicles are and aren't trucks are the various state DMV and vehicle registration departments. If they say the RL is a truck, well, then, by an established authority says it is a truck.

BTW, I have heard the rhetoric before: Is an el Camino a truck; doesn't it have to ride on rails to be a truck; doesn't it have to have a seperate bed to be a truck;...again if these are to hold water state the AUTHORITY that defines said definitions.

Through authoritative sources we might be able to gain clarity and sway opinion.

Okay, you can commence with the RL bashing; my job as referee is over. ;-)

TJR

I think RL knows I am messing with him about the whole RL is a truck thing.

Thanks for checking up on us Daddy.

Tom

TJR - "Are we still debating what is what isn't a truck?"

Nope. I'm not. Tom might be debating it....since he is a master debater. I enjoy being a cunning linguist myself. :lol:

Yep, that I do Tom....that I do.

Just nice to know that I am driving THE SAFEST TRUCK on the road today.

Also the Ridgeline will soon be the MOST RELIABLE truck on the road as well.

HONDA quality is legendary.

Honda resale value is legendary.

There--this makes #200.

Gavin - "Also the Ridgeline will soon be the MOST RELIABLE truck on the road as well. "

Well, according to Consumer Reports, it already is. As I have posted above....Consumer Reports just reported that the RL and the '06 Taco have the highest reliability rating of all the trucks on the market right now. Not bad for their first try at a pickup.

203!!!

RL and the '06 Taco have the highest reliability rating of all the trucks on the market right now.

That honostly confuses the crap out of me. How the hell are they the most reliable if this is their first year? I am scratching a hole in my head with this one.

Latest posts