How many of you are struggling with a 2007 trade-in debate?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I know I am. The new ST has a bunch of stuff I want; but I love my 2001 and it has been solid from day 1.

Yes, I'll wait to the Job 2/rear window issue is worked out before making a decision. But I'll be having arguments with myself all along the way. Do it. Don't do it. And it's only gonna get worse as new 2007 ST owners start posting...

:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
My ST is only 5+yrs/65k miles old. Why would I trade!?

It's going to be around 10+yrs. By then, it won'd be worth trading.

I plan on driving my 02 cream puff until the wheels fall off. I hope that's not soon. :lol:

I wanted one of the Adrenalins, of course. But, since that was axed by the powers-that-be at Fomoco, we have decided to keep the 04 for a while longer. Only thing I dont like about the 07 standard ST is that damnd HUGE chrome strip on the front, just doesnt sit right with me for some reason.

Not here.

Like my '04. Besides, trade in values are in the toilet so It wouldn't be worth it.

And ditto on the chrome. The lack of chrome everywhere is what a big plus with me.

Besides, I usually drive my vehicles until they have to be towed away.

Nope, going to keep my '03 for as many years as she allows. I have never been tempted with the '07. I will go with an F150 before I go for the new ST.

We love our '01/Job 2 to much to trade it in on an '07. Heck with over 100k on it it is just getting broke in, and there is something classic about it. The only thing that I can see us possibly doing is getting an '07/Job 2 with the rear window as a second vehicle if things works out the way I want them to. :D

My 02 has been perfect so far and just has 44k on it. It would be foolish to trade it in and maybe get stuck with a lemon. And besides, I don't have a money tree at my house.

I'm not trading in a vehicle (donating my 13-yo truck to a needy soul at church), so here's my new P251:

- XLT w/ V8

- 17" whls/tires

- rear pwr wdo

- pwr seats

- moonroof

- hard tonneau/cargo cage-bed extender

- audiophile CDX6 w/ Sirius SDARS

- class III/IV tow

...and a several other packages and options I gotta be hush-hush about...in WHITE...or ___ (insert color, if I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE it.)

On A-plan, of course. :p

mmmmmmmmmm.............I can almost taste it.....................

HOOK 'EM,

- R

I will be keeping mine for a while.

1.The price on the 07 is a little high

2.All the problems Ford had with the 01 and 02 ( I will Waite till all the bugs are out)

3.I hate the front end

4.some options I want are not there

Todd Z

Probably a day doesn't go by where I don't think about it. Yes, ...no, ..maybe. I like this...not sure about that. Ugh! Just the other day I got to playing on Photoshop to try out different grills. Basically, took the grill off an SVT for #2 (and the little side vents), tweaked it a bit for #3. Realizing that style is not in line with where Ford is headed with their other vehicles, I tried one from a new Expedition. Unfortunately, I think I like 2, 3, and 4 more than the original. Hmmm... wait and see what '08 offers? At a minimum I'll wait for the job 2/power rear window. This will get real hard once they show up on the lots (or real easy if it turns out I don't like the look). If it drives like an '06 Explorer it is definitely a step up in drivability. Still don't have a good feel for what the 'stone' cloth interior will look like. I'm pretty sure I don't like the tan (leather or cloth). Want to see what the mileage with the V8 really turns out to be. ...and so on. Short answer, yes, I'm struggling with it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I left for the dealership to order what would have been my third Trac. Once I found out all the items that were no longer avaiable I thanked him and walked out.

Bought a Lexus SUV. Thought I'd miss the Trac much nore than I do. The Lexus has been fantastic and comes with a no question asked 100,000 mile coverage.

Rich,

I traded mine for an Escape the Monday after I got back from the Texas State Fair. I haven't given up returning to an ST but I'd like 'truckier' styling and interior. And, how about some gas saving technology like cylinder deactivation or even just trim a few hundred pounds. Plus the rear window thing.

The 5 speed Escape is a real piss-cutter. It's a blast to throw into corners and zip around in. Not to mention, my MPG doubled. I really miss the utility of the old ST though. I'll keep checking in here and give Ford another year or two to tweek the new design.

R,

Do you have pix of what wheels will be available with the XLT and the Limited? I'm assuming the ones displayed at the shows on the Limited are one option, don't know about the XLT. I just left these as they were on the picture taken from the brochure/Canadian Ford site. I did notice the tires look a bit meatier than the ones at the shows (which is a good thing to me). Any idea when the folks at the Ford (US) website will update the '07 ST info to include option, features, etc?

Not anymore, they scrapped the SVT Trac, no 07 for me unless they have an offer we can't refuse.

I like that VW GTI... the "My fast" commercials are doing it for me, but I'll only buy one if they give me one of the "My Fast" Pac-demons for the dash.

I was struggling at first when I found out the rear end had gone to independent suspension, but then changed my mind and thought I could work with it as a second ST and keep my current for off roading. But more and more, especially with the price increase, I can fulfill my needs with a F150 Supercrew better than I can with an ST and even tow 9k lbs. I actually wish my wife liked it more so she would get one, but she's not a Ford fan. The news of the killed SVT sealed the deal for me...even though I know the price would've been steep.

The only 'pros' I see is the V8 and restyled interior; there are too many 'cons' for me to get over the independent rear suspension for this to be my next vehicle.

It's sad to see so many of us die hards saying 'no' to this new ST...Ford should be listening better if they are at all.

Latest posts