How many of you are struggling with a 2007 trade-in debate?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess so Gavin, not sure really. I would guess that the ST would lose retail and private party values also.

I'm not struggling with it now--but in about 2009 or 2010, I might be at a point where I'll struggle with whether to trade my '02 in on a used, 3-year-old '07...

Yeah but by then the 07's will be the grandma's...and the 02's will be the great-grandma's...:lol:

That is if there will be a successor to an extremely slow selling 2007 and on Sport Trac.

Tom

Still a little early to know whether the new ST will impact the value of out STs right away. Hard to imagine it won't have some negative impact though. Certainly the handling improvements will appeal to the masses ( I know, it won't appeal to the guy who wants to lift it though). Due to the changes in attitudes about milage as a result of gas prices, the V8 may not be as big a factor as it would have been a year or two ago. Ford's press release states mileage for the V8 is about the same as the V6, but we'll have to see what it actually gets. I've averaged 18.5 mpg over the life of my ST. I want a V8, but don't want to pay too big of a penalty. Then there's the visual appeal. I like my ST, but from the back, the proportion is a bit too narrow in my opinion and could be better. I like the front, but it has been around awhile, and like any design that old, could use some freshening up. I'll have to see a new one in person before I come to any conclusions. However, after a year or so and once the '07 STs hit the used market, I think the old STs will certainly take a hit in value.

Latest posts