How many of you are struggling with a 2007 trade-in debate?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY RICH STERN! You do deserve an 07 ST, with all the toys, no questions asked. As for me, I LOVED the ST ADRENALIN CONCEPT without question! I have an 01, almost paid off, and will be keeping until it won't go anymore. Would not have traded it in anyway, as there will never be anything better than the original look. I like a lot of the new stuff, but not the rear end treatment and the grille. AFAIC, FORD MOTOR COMPANY DOES NOT MONITOR THIS SITE. If they did, there would be someone there to receive and respond to our concerns. They would not like the fact thaT A LOT OF LOYAL ST OWNERS WILL NOT BUY THE 07 ST! TOO BAD DORF, you may have lost a lot with this one, so don't wonder why it' not a sales success. And if they,(FORD) are so enthused about it, they will need to spend some advertising money this time, just to break even!

:angry::eek::(:huh::wacko:

My plan is to keep my 02 a little while longer and then go find an 05 used and get that one. Not really happy with the redesign of the ST and will not buy one without that roll down rear window.

Struggle? Nope. I want the sliding rear window. I love my ST, but starting to think about a Jeep. Getting bored with the ST. DW wants a Trailblazer, I only want one car note ( I have grown accustomed to the extra money each month).:D Maybe trade the ST in and get a used YJ and new Chevy for her. Still debating. ST almost paid for, maybe I can hold her off a little longer, and keep the ST, get the Chevy and the YJ :)

No struggle hear... figure my Toyota will run another 4-5 years easily. Who knows what options I'll have then?

No struggle here. No sliding rear window is a deal killer for me. And besides, I'm having too much fun modding my '04, and I'm not done yet!:D

When I do decide to get something else down the road, it'll probably be a F-150 Supercrew King Ranch Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to have a 07... but my 03 has 13,000 miles on it and sits in the garage most of the time. I think I will just hold onto mine till I can get some miles on it... at the rate I am going my ST will last me a long time.

I am going back and forth like Rich and some of the others.

My '01 has been pretty good. Some front end issues, did all the ball joints twice each, tie rod end. the truck cant hold an alignment either. Ford dealer did all the ball joints and tie rod end under extended warrnaty. refused to do them a few times then i have to force them to cover it. kept the truck 2 to 4 days for each of the repairs. had at least 3 check engine lights, same sensor twice I think it was the DPFE. 4x4 module went, took them 3 days to get it and fix it. now if its really cold it has a hard time shifting into 4WH and a few times would not shift at all.

to top off the cake after the last oil and filter change i did, when i started the engine after i was all done it make a rattleing noise for a couple seconds then stopped. never did it before. not the engine does not always sound "right".

all this with only 66K miles.

So i am debating on trading it in or not. will the '07 be better? how bad will the gas milage be with an 8 cyl. ? will the suspension be better? the '01 not holding an alignment has destroyed my bf goodrich all terrains which were $140 each.

everyone i know is telling me to forget about ford and go with toyota or something else. i am a life long ford man .... this is a tough decision. alot of money at stake.

I think the winners would have been, keeping the look of our ST bodies, adding the length and width and stronger frame and adding the V8 option, Giving us the bed compartments. Making the suspension stronger but not to keep owners from lowering or lifting. Plus if it had push in pop out tie downs would have been cool. Having the wheel options like the 07 has. Also giving options we currently have. Then doing the same things with the body style of the Concept. And of course never ever rolling out an ST without the rear window.

Two ST models like that, would have been REAL Winners for Ford. Just my 0p...but what do I really know.

Love my 04. Would have loved the Concept v8 more though. I'm holding out and waiting...I still have faith. :)

Don't forget keeping the limited-slip rear differential, and the truck axle instead of the IRS that has stubby little axle shafts going through holes in the frame.

Also, we need better quality of materials (fabrics and plastics) in the dash, and an AWD/Locker/hi/lo option transfer case.

Ford screwed the pooch on the '07 SportTrac.

I got 0% financing with my 2003 Sport Trac which I love. If at some point Ford offers 0% on the 2007s and up, I'd consider getting one with a V8. Of course with my current ST close to being paid off, it'd be hard to jump back into another car note unless I could get a very favorable trade-in value. Decision, decisions decisions... :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
EvanP,

Before yu get suckered into 0% financing, do the math. Im my situation, I saved $700.00 in intrest going with the rebate in leu of the 0% financing.

I had a $2000.00 rebate or 0%. My loan would have costed me $1300.00 in intrest. So, I take $2000.00 off the cost of the vehicle and pay $1300.00 in intrest for a savings of $700.00 over the 0 rebate and no intrest.

Tom

I am definitely struggling with a decision- would have ordered an Adrenalin as soon as it was available if the look was consistent w/the promos. My '03 ST flooded last year so I bought a '04 F150 flareside reg. cab until I got the Adrenalin. Now I find the F150 to be a great vehicle, like the bigger bed and the angular interior but really miss the extra cab space in the ST, so I am actively hunting. I do not like the color palette for the new ST- nothing odd or bold like my old zinc yellow. I will buy either a job 2 2007 ST or an F150 ext. cab flareside, probably theTuscany Tonka edition. Thanks for the question- if I buy the F150 I will miss the site!:cool:

another huge issue is how much are we going to get for our trade ins?

if i cant get a good amount for my '01 then i cant afford to get an '07.

Latest posts