How often is too often?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw those at Advanced Auto Parts (when I bought the clay), do those do anything? I thought about getting one, but hadn't heard of anyone else using one. Do you recommend them? My boyfriend lives on a dirt road, so the trac is bound to get dusty/dirty. Also, do you recommend washing the truck again after claying it? Or can I go straight to waxing it after the clay? I did find a piece of used chewing gum in my bed, that was wonderful. I went bowling last night with everyone from work, and I guarantee one of those snotty little punk kids did it...GRRR :angry:. Atleast it wasnt on the paint, I'd have to beat someone up.

*Melody*

This is the 3rd vehicle I've used it on . The dirtier it get the better it works. It's good for the loose stuff like dust & pollen .....It takes about 2 minutes to wipe down our truck and will cut down on how often you have to wash.

A lot of members use them and I found a great place to store it....behind the rear seat !

[Broken External Image]:

First I'd get rid of that water blade, and only use good microfiber towels or 100% cotton towels on your paint. I use baby diapers only on my wheels for polishing. Stick with the Mother's line of products when you can find them. For an OTC product they are the highest quality in my opinion. For the tires, (and I have tried many products) the Stoners More Shine Less Time works best for me. For OTC waxes I like the Mother's Synwax, and Meguiars NXT. Also try the Mother's Preserves for your interior trim, dash ect.. It has a really nice smell and leaves a nice sheen, not a greasy look. Good luck!

I got the Mothers Gold Clay stuff, and Mags everything else (including NXT liquid wax). Is it ok to only clay/wax half the truck, and do the other half next week? I didnt have time to finish it today before the sun got too hot, and now its raining :( I hate south FL.

*Melody*

Hey Melody your trac is the same as mine!! Beauty eh? This pic was taken the day I got it, but it looks a lot different now- you'll soon catch the modding bug if you haven't already!

[Broken External Image]:

-Heather in OC

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't need to wax every month but if you do, you want to remove the old wax first.

:) Melody, I too have a collection of detailing supplies as well. I like the California duster, if you use it correctly it work great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts