I hate when people preach MPG to me - Say Sport Trac is a Gas Guzzler!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
This is becoming a really pain in the butt with people asking me questions at the gas pump like "I can't believe you can afford to drive that thing" and "My total is 26 yours must be 50 dollars". I finally snapped back at a Camry owner at Home Depot saying I'm shocked your engine is holding up since Toyota's still have a huge problem with failing engines due to sludge. The woman looked at me and walked away. Retards! If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything. gessh!!!!!!!!

Lol. I get the best gas mileage out of the cars in our family (02 S-10, 04 Maxima, 04 Bug). I only fill up about every other week and get right around 21-22 mpg around town.

Like the South Park episode we have many areas of the country that should be under "Smug Alert" warnings (yes, Smug, not Smog). These folks buying their hybrids, putting little eco-friendly stickers on them like the one for Gore's film, etc....it's all just SMUG!

The dirty little secret that many of these folks have is that they drive their vehicles so much more than the average driver and that is why they buy little rice burners. If I drove over 20K miles a year I would drive something more econmical. But I drive my ST less than 10K a year.

So, when some SMUG Camry owner tries to insinuate that I am hurting the planet when I drive my 15MPG rated vehicle less than 10K a year I make sure they aren't driving their 30MPG Camry more than 20K miles a year, for if they are, they are no better than me.

TJR

next time ask her to haul base board or plywood and see what shes says. its easy for us. but that camry would look funny with the wood strapped to the roof and then the scratches it will leave. ill take my MPG to drive a luxury sedan with a bed (quoted from edmunds) i havent found anything i cant haul yet.

Sometime in the near future I see her being pulled out of the ditch by a Trac. Maybe she would buy that person a tank of gas!:lol:

next time ask her to haul base board or plywood and see what shes says. its easy for us. but that camry would look funny with the wood strapped to the roof and then the scratches it will leave. ill take my MPG to drive a luxury sedan with a bed (quoted from edmunds) i havent found anything i cant haul yet.

Apparently this guy tried:

e9ce1b704ec12abd8f216a7c964fd3f6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. It's not like we're driving a stupid Hummer for christ-sakes. And how do these people know what kind of gas mileage we get anyway? I have a friend with a Crapalanche that thinks I get 25 mpg. (I don't know where he got that from.) :rolleyes:

The fact that I'm driving a mid-size vehicle instead of some giant truck/SUV that takes up 2 parking spaces should be a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
just filled mine up this AM and have gotten the best so far with it.

15.72 all around town driving.

I get the same MPG in the Trac as I do in the Escalade, which is now my primary driver. Now THAT thing gets the tree huggers up in arms!!! lol

And I will use that line, SST... when the Mustang comes in!

I love the gas milage I get with the ST! My motorcycle gets better but my excursion is around 13-14 mpg. Besides I don't buy a vehicle for the gas milage. Next time ask her who she thinks would survive a head on collision, her or you.

What about the excursions and hummers their mpg does not even get higher then 10 mpg:wacko:.......that makes me mad too when people talk about how the ST's get a horrible mpg and when they are driving a piece sh** that cant even stand up to the quality and power of the ST and there car will fall apart over the first speed bump or when there car reaches 40 mph..........some people think there car are the best when it is a piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Thank God I live in a country where I can drive the vehicle that I choose...and a country where I have the freedom to tell a tree-hugger to f#@k off!!;)

This always cracks me up. I get 18-20 mpg in the ST. I have a company Ford Taurus, that gets 21mpg. MOst minivans are around 21-22 mpg. I don't see how a difference of 2-4 mpg is really that big a deal. Unless you're driving a small foreign sedan, our ST's don't really get that bad gas mileage compared to anyting else on the road.

oh, and if they made a truck that came in 4/all wheel drive and got 30+ mpg I would happily buy one.

Wait, some of you have actually had people say this to you in a gas station?? I never get this. It must be because one look at me and they know I'll respond by spraying them with gas.

Latest posts