I sincerely hope this is no one from this board....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred,

Dodge does not make a Motorhome Chassis, nor do they supply an engine.

Actually, I take that back, they do supply a small class chassis for those fake campers. Has a Mercedes Diesel in it. The real righs are either powered by a Ford 5.4L or 6.8L, GM 6.0L or 8.1L, or any number of diesles like Cummins, International, Caterpillar, etc.

Tom

Did you see how the Dodge folks responded ha ha Always cracks me up how mopar and ford and chevy folks knock the other makers :lol:

You know what, I am going to say that is a crock... No burn marks on the rim, The tire bead is clean as a whistle and no debris or marks on the bed of the truck, No burnt rubber on the cladding..... Unless they where driving on clean sandpaper I cant believe that picture...

I am saying that is a set up picture in my book....

Todd Z

I think it belongs to someone on the boards because I just saw a post in the Swap and Sell that said "Stock Rims... Half off" :lol:

Yep that was a very stupid thing to do and yes the owner does deserve a good ribbing. But let's think... how many of us have nearly done something stupid but caught ourselves in enough time to keep a picture like this from being taken? My story... I was recovering my jet ski on the boat ramp. I was winching the ski onto the trailer when I looked at the back of the truck. "Gee... it looks like my reverse lights are on." Luckily my parking brake works like a champ and saved my butt. I could imagine the picture on the internet with only the roof of my truck visible above the water line.

I've seen something similar with one of those u-haul car towing dollies. The bearings locked up while the person was pulling it at 70 mph and the tire started spinning around the rim. Eventually, the tire caught fire and someone flagged them down before the car they were towing caught fire (nasty flame damage to the car, though).

Another person tried passing in a construction zone and drove into a hole where they were replacing a six foot section of the pavement. The two front wheels hit the opposite edge, cut the tires off, and notched the wheels beyond repair. The guy was in so much of a hurry that he just had us put on different rims/tires and drove off. There had to be huge front end issues with the car, but he didn't want to wait.

Is it just me or is that wheel sitting back farther then it should as well?

Latest posts