Illegal Immigrants. Your opinion.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
I know this type of topic has been posted before and not to start a post of arguements or anything, I'd like to hear other peoples OPINIONS on the subject. Is anyone else TIRED of hearing about these poor Illegals and how horrible it is that America is trying to get them out of here since they don't really help the country in any way except by doing the jobs that people on Welfare should be doing? I'm just sick of all the bleeding hearts out there that are here legally "rallying" to try and keep people here that aren't following the system and trying to become citizens. These people would rather fly under the radar and not pay taxes or have to fight for the country that gives them a better life than where they are from. It's driving me nuts to see every news station covering it. They come here and want us to learn thier language, instead of the other way around. I had a hard enough time taking English in High School let alone having to learn some other language. I know I'll probably take some abuse for posting this but it's really getting under my skin. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be here, but do it the right way. Put back what you get back out. If you have a better life here then why not become a citizen? It may not be an easy thing to do but it's the right thing. If you're not willing to do that then why shouldn't we send your butt back to where you came from?

I'm totally against seeing tax dollars being spent on those underserving of it. I completely agree that there should be a universal language for all Americans. English would be a good choice. However, I do feel for those who are trying to make an honest living, while criminals, gangsters, dealers, etc... , bring on all this negativity.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they want to be here legally and enjoy all the benefits that the United States has to offer, then they need to immigrate legally. My family did it, there's no reason why these people should have rights here for jumping the fence. How is that fair to all the others who have gone through the process? How is that fair that we should have to pay for them? There are many people who are in the Armed Forces that aren't citizens yet, but they are already serving and working to get their citizenships LEGALLY.

I agree with both of you...

It's really rather simple to solve this problem:

- Close the borders using paid minutemen

- Crack down on employers that hire the illegals under the table with stiff fines, in affect putting anyone who hires illegals OUT OF BUSINESS with the first offense.

Those two things and you will have a MASS EXODUS of illegals BACK to Mexico in order to sign up the RIGHT WAY for legal migration.

Now, if we do this, we should logically expect:

1) An increase in the average, low-skill wage as legal workers start to take over the jobs previously performed by illegals.

2) A decrease in our real-estate taxes which pay for schools and a decrease in our healthcare insurance costs (because the illegal burdens are gone)

3) Higher prices for goods a services provided by the companies that used to hire illegals

Ask yourself this SIMPLE question:

Will 1 and 2 Offset 3, for most people?

I don't think it will for me. I don't expect my taxes to go down, or my health insurance to go down, or my wages to go up; I just expect to pay more for certain goods and services.

TJR

Andrew, what's stopping the unemployed from having those jobs? What's stopping employers from hiring said unemployed?

the illegal workers and the employers are stopping the unemployed from having those jobs. It is cheaper for the employer to hire 2 illegals for the price of a legal resident.

TJR, those are good points. One way to do it is to take all the people that are on welfaer and tell them, you want to stay on welfare then you have to do this job. These are the same people that think working at McDonalds is demeaning. I don't have a problem with anyone who has a job being on welfare if that job isn't making enough money to pay for food for thier family. What I do have a problem with is the people on welfare that think it's great to not have to work and they get everything taken care of for them. Then they keep on pumping out kids because it's not costing them anything to raise them. Everyone else is. So let these people do those jobs, get paid the same as those illegals, pay taxes, and welfare covers the balance. I know it wouldn't happen, but it's an idea of where to start.;)

Let's cut through the B.S. Illegals can provide cheap labor because they are illegal and do not have to pay the bills like the rest of us. Let me explain my point. If illegals were required to have health insurance ( since they are not citizens and should not be entitled to the free medical offered to poorer citizens). If they have to maintain auto insurance, pay Federal tax and state income tax, pay for their childrens education they would not work for their present wages. They could not afford to. If the employers were required to pay unemployement insurance and follow all OSHA rules and regulations their cost would even be higher. If you give these illegals a legal "guest worker" status then these costs would immediately apply. The cheap labor would no longer be cheap. You'd just have 12 million more low income people in the U.S. The employers would be forced to hire Guatamalans which could work for low wages under the table (illegally). Socialy security should not be offered to anyone other than citizens.

If we give them any preferential treatment toward citizenship or perment resident status, then we are giving a VERY BAD message to those who apply legally and have to wait even longer than these illegals to become citizens.

For a country (Mexico) which complains about our closing our borders to illegals, they have the tightest controlled Southern border to keep foreigners out of their country.

The bottom line is that the illegals get from our country more than they put in. They are NOT cheap labor.

Yeah, stonemiser, but I don't see us "solving" the welfare problem and the illegal immigrant problem at the same time; heck, one of those problems alone is too daunting.

Sometimes I think we want to solve these problems, and others like them because we look at the welfare recipient, or the illegal with some form of "envy", as if they are getting something for "free" that somehow we have to work hard(er) for.

Don't know where I want that to go, just thought I would say it.

This really chaps my _ss, I am part hispanic and indian, and I am in th military too. I was really pissed when i heard that Florida was pushing to get the national anthem done in spanish for the hispanics. HELLO, this is America, learn the language. English is by far the easiest language there is to learn. If they want to become citizens, I believe that they should have to be able to pass at least a 9th grade english class and serve a minimum of 4 years in the armed services. Many other countries will just kick them out without regaurd, Americans need to stop worrying about if there feelings might get hurt, who cares, they arent citizens. I do believe that if u are on welfare or assisted living, that you shoudl be doing volunteer work at the local hospitals, cleaning city parks and trash pick up along the HWYS to earn what you are getting from the government. I am sure that this will piss a few people off, but it is what i have served for 17 years, to occasionally voice my opinion.

Duece

See, the amazing thing here is that I have not run into folks who want to allow this reform to pass. Instead, most feel that they should do it legally or not at all.

What ever happened to representatives representing the people? The damn pull of votes is too much for them to turn away.

Personally, I feel that the day they do through the legal channels is the day they can complain about Constitutional rights and demand from the government.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with the group. Do I have compassion???? Yes, to a point. But bottom line is much of the tax dollars fund Illegal Immigrants. It is true that many/most of them will do work that many Americans will not do either because we are lazy or feel we are worth more than the pay being offered.

As noted above, I could work for a LOT less if I did not have the responsibilities that I carry simply by being an American, (taxes, loans, mortgages, medical etc etc etc).

Just the taxes alone would make a HUGE difference in my check. I just looked at my pay stub. I paid $1345.77 in taxes for this pay period. I would be willing to take that as my pay if nothing else came out of it an I got everything I needed simply handed to me.

What really kills me is when states make laws making it legal to issue a driver license to illegal immigrants.

Soooo, that gives them all of our rights and privileges with virtually no responsibilities that come with those rights.

Hard to swallow....

The people that hire illegal immigrants should be the ones to suffer the rath of the gov.

By hiring cheap labor they make bigger profits.

By hiring illegals they do not have to pay employee benifits.

So the illegals are not the problem.......

Why not treat it like a drug bust, get caught with illegal workers, loose everything.

Would that not work?

Maybe next time a person would think twice before hiring out of towners

The way to stop the Illegals from coming into the USA is to crack down on the US employers who hire them. Give them big fines, jail time or BOTH. If there are no jobs for them then they will not come or better yet go back home, south of the border.........

Immigrate legally and all is well. Just another reason the fair tax law would benefit us, wouldn't matter if you were here legally or illegally, you buy something, you pay tax. It won't solve all of the immigrant issue, but it is another piece to add to the puzzle of a solution.

Welfare, that's a whole nuther ball game... Six months on welfare and you get cut off, no if's and's, or but's. If there is enough work out there for the people to want to come here illegally and work, then there is a piece of that pie for any able bodied citizen person to work too.

Bottom line is, get here legally, learn the language, contribute to society, pay your fair share of taxes, and carry your own weight.

I agree with Martin, it's the Employers who should be getting in some hot water... The answer is quite simple.

Starspanish banner--- I don't think so!

Your all illegal Immigrants to me. ;)

I also gotta say this, I know plenty of people who have been laid off in the tech field.... For months always complaining the job market sucked since the fall of the stock market ~2000-2001..... Never once were they looking for a fruit stand job or a landscaping job... Instead the jobs they were looking for were being sent to India and the far east for cheap labor.... Capitalism at it best, so you RIGHT wing conservative types got what you wanted Big business at any cost even selling you country down the river for bigger profits... BE mad at them not these immigrants..

Please chime in if I am wrong but what does it take to become a US citizen these days....?

I truely do not know... All I know is people go around it? I can guess it's probably because they know they will get a kick in the ass and an adios! If the Italians and Irish had these kinda chances when they came to Ellis island I think things would have been different, but like I said before all they had to do was get here , so stop throwing the "my ancestor came over the right way blah blah blah...." In everyone's face,,,, All they had to do was get here and not be sick, or have criminal backgrounds... Why can't we do the same towards these people....

And a far as the Criminal element goes the Irish and Italians had thier gangs and crime too except you choose the word Mafia and try and somehow glamorize it.... The difference was these criminal elements extended high up in the government and because if that they got away with a lot of crap..... Anyone care to dispute this?

So folks you can go on and on about this... Somehow you will justify your hatefilled words like these illegals are all just welfare loving, tax evading, gangbanging scum... You should hear your hate filled words half the time with this I am better than you attitude... Makes me sick, ......go home, get out and so on...

It's funny whenever these folks settle a new area like in the Midwest lately or Pennsylvania somewhere.. the news shows some ole backward ass people all upset because the Mexican people have actually set up a small community that is thriving, "spoiling our way of life" they say... Why is that? I see it as just another group trying to reap the benefits of hard work and raise a loving family with a chance at a quality life....

Joseymack

Latest posts