IS THIS A GOOD SYSTEM

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is a good system?

Can anyone recommend another one within the same price range?

thanks

rob

also can someone post a pic of a similiar system installed int he trac

Nothing Wal-mart sells is woth buying. Do yourself a favor and buy quality equipment. You will be glad you did.

Tom

I would disagree Caymen.... Even though Jenson is a lower brand, this thing is feature packed, and for the price, I'd be interested in it myself if I didn't already have an Alpine headunit. Heck, you could buy it, and try it fo r30 days.... and if its not your cup of tea... you could always return it.

I dig the iPod interface, and the best thing is the DVD-mp3 compatibility.... If you didn't have an iPod, you could put over a thousand songs on just one DVD.

I'd say its worth a try!

Doesn't look bad overall although it is a Jensen (average/low end). Only things that stood out as not so good are the 2 second ESP (bumps), 2V outputs (ok, but kinda weak for externals), and 100ohm is not low impedance but average. Overall, not bad for price range but then again it is Wally World :) If you're looking for an average, every day driver system, then this doesn't look bad at all and does have some decent features. Some of us though are a little more into our systems which are higher quality, but also bring a higher price tag :)

Nothing wal-mart sells is worth buying? Tell that to the world's largest retailer? Guess that they got to that point for selling nothing? LOL

Trnsportrac, please clarify a little more on what you're looking for. Many of us agree Jensen is not high-quality by any means, but then again that may not be what you're looking for. Budget? Features? Just a "good" system or a "great" system?

Ken, im looking for a "good" system. i realize u get what u pay for. main thing would be budget. i like all the features this one has and i know it dont rank up there with pioneer or kenwood or the other BIG names.

You should be ok then since we're talking budget. A lot of us can tell you to go with better, but then you'll be paying twice (or more) the price and these in-dash DVD systems w/screens are not cheap! Ebay has some deals, but don't know how you feel about that. It's like buying a computer ... sure the latest and fastest would be the best, but would one that meets your needs but not the latest and fastest be good for you, it sure would. I've gradually upgraded my system as I learned, and wanted, more ... but the system I had before was also pretty darn good.

What kind of speakers? Stock? Any amps? Hooking up any additional monitors?

Just think about if you know you're going to upgrade in a short time, you may want to spend the extra now on a better system. But if not, this one should suit you just fine in my opinion. Heck, there are some folks running plain jane subwoofers and speakers and they like 'em just fine. Eye/ear of the beholder :D

Latest posts