It's GREAT..to BE..a FLORIDA GATOR!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankeegator

Reaction score
Congrats to Coach Donovan & his squad for the @$$-whoopin' they laid on a tough UCLA team last night...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and for overcoming the Vitale "Kiss of Death" :eek:

I'm glad UCLA didn't win. I'm also glad for anyone that overcomes ANYTHING from DICK vitale. I can't STAND to listen to that blabbering idiot!

Name a more dominate conference than the SEC ... go ahead. War Eagel! Although we didn't help much on the BBall court. But we have won the the men's and women's swimming and National Championships for the past four years in a row :rolleyes:. Hey, that's how many time we have beaten Bama in a row. Huh, go figure.

Congrats Gators, see you in Jordan Hare this fall.

Are you kidding me right now? Maybe in football....but Please tell me this is a joke....especially in basketball..... :blink:

....or academics.... :lol:

Great tournament for you guys though--Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
What sport are you talking about FMarano?

Football, yes

Basketball, yes

Baseball, yes

Swimming, Gymnastics...

What sport is the SEC not dominant in. Florida isn't a Basketball school, yea right!

2 of the final four were from the SEC, an non-basketball conference. Where was the ACC?

In the college world series there are always three or four representatives from the SEC. Florida was in the final last year.

I don't have to go into the football legacy, eveybody should know about that. Florida has been a perrenial top 10 since Steve Spurrier got there and it is continuing not to mention Alabama's (I think) 15 national championships.

HOOK 'EM HORNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- 05 Baseball champs

- 06 Football champs

- almost 06 Basketball champs

:p

The SEC isn't even close to dominant in the main sport anyone (at least around my part of the country) cares about--HOCKEY. There, the conference to beat is the WCHA! 5 of the last 6 championships, and 2 of this year's Frozen Four! Plus EVERY women's championship EVER!

Try to have a conference top those stats in ANY sport!!!

How many schools play hockey? 2 or 3.

Sounds like a calculation done by a math major from an SEC school. :D

One site I found indicates that the major Division I conferences contain 63 schools--plus there are some independents.

No, that's not what I'm calling "a" main sport. In the Upper Midwest (and other parts of the country as well, including much of New England), it is "THE" sport. Although it's definitely not confined to those two areas. Teams range geographically from Alaska to Alabama-Huntsville.

ACC and SEC can also count the two teams that have won more games than any others in the history of College basketball -- North Carolina and Kentucky. For basketball, there is no comparison, because the ACC and SEC dominate year-after-year, decade-after-decade.

This year showed that even the good teams were weak on any given day. This was not a season where a team just dominated everyone from start to finish.

[Broken External Image]:

OK Bill V, here goes: Have you ever heard that the greatest recorded sports announcing moment in history was when THE Golden Gophers (isn't it?) were defeated in Hockey..... by, by, by....Oh my God...Holy Cross !!!!? Please don't get me wrong here, the Gators are my LEAST FAVORITES...PERIOD !!! Well, maybe now that Spurrier has moved a little further North, I can also intensely despise the Gamecocks too! Also, you might want to do a little research into the educational ratings/status of certain SEC schools...you might be surprised.

Oh yankeegator....I don't want to let you off lightly either....the ONLY good thing that happened last night was that an SEC team won....it just happened to be the lizards from the swamp that did it!:D

I haven't heard the call myself, but I have heard that it was pretty impressive and fun. And it was quite an upset--I give Holy Cross full credit on their performance.

But I also don't see how that's pertinent to the discussion. It does nothing to diminish the importance of hockey in the regions mentioned, and it also does nothing to diminish the recent dominance of the WCHA.

Those of you that want to claim that hockey as an NCAA sport is irrelevant, as it's only followed in certain geographic regions, need to remember that in most of the world, you're holy grail of sports--American football--isn't even an afterthought...

I guess you were right Bill V., when you wondered how a discussion of a hockey victory over the perennial Big Ten Hockey Powerhouse by little Holy Cross was pertinent to this discussion. I suppose I was still reeling from the impertinence of your comments about the "WCHA" and the "Frozen Four", in this post about the NCAA Basketball Championship. I do realize that someone brought in Football, Baseball, Swimming and even Gymastics...but you have to understand that an Auburn fan initiated most of that ... so you must consider the source! I suppose too, that it was "pertinent" to suggest that academics are only important to programs in the your Upper Midwest? Of course, you did follow your snide comment with a :D, so I suppose that makes it OK. BTW, I was in the airports of the Twin Cities, Hibbing and International Falls back in Nov. I'd like to get back there in the Summer. Fishing has to be great....is Walleye fishing a collegiate sport up there? Probably should be.

Latest posts