More Pain at The Pump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, it isn't because of refineries and thier production, it is from the ammount of oil pulled out of the ground. China, Russia, and other parts of the world is becomming very industrialized. People in China are working more then ever, thanks in part by Wal-mart. Those people in China are buying cars, TV's, etc. They take vacations, etc. The factories are going full swing and they are building more on a daily basis. Since China is getting bigger, they are consuming more oil then they used to. Since we, the USA, are sending China billions of dollars for thier junk goods, they are competeing with us to buy oil to produce thier goods to sell up.

There are a few ways to lower gas prices.

One way is to start drilling in the US more and using that oil to get gasoline.

Cut ties with China as a trade partner, put them back to the way they were 30 years ago.

Take control of more middle eastern countries. Iraq is a good start, but Saudi Arabia would have been a better choice.

As long as oil is above $60.00/Barrel, the prices will remain high.

It is hard to build a new refinery. First of all, a refinery is a dangerous place. I should know, I used to work in them. The EPA is all over refineries now. They are always busting thier chops about polution. Many of them stay open because they grandfather so many laws.

If someone wanted to build a new refinerey in your back yard, how many would allow it? Very few. Refineries spill alot of stuff on the ground. They can be very explosive. They are noisy and ugly to look at. They smell.

Then they would have the EPA to deal with. That is enough in itself to not build a new one.

It might sound like I am on the refineries side, that is furthest from the truth. I just get tired of hearing people with all the answers (This is not refering to anyone here) say we have to do this, or we have to do that. It is not east to just buy some property, throw some pipes in place and turn it on.

Tom

p.s. A refinery in your back yard will not make your gas cheaper. I have a refinery 30 miles from me. My gas isn't cheaper then everyone elses.

Latest posts