O/D light flashing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
around 4 months ago I notice that the truck took around 5 seconds to engage in 1 gear and usually when that happen my over drive light start flashing then the truck acts wear - does anybody has experience something like this.

help...help...

thanks

Carlos

Hey Carlos did you ever change the transmission fluid like Bille-E and I had adviced you last week? If you did then and still have the O/D light blinking you may have the "2-3 flair" problem that is common on most ST's. Do a search here, if not the flair then you may have a shot tranny.

By the way if you did the oil & filter change, did you use the right type?

Did you disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes for some reason or did it as a way to attempt and erase any codes that may be set into the computer? If you did or will attempt to do, the ST will feel differant for a while because it has an adaptive learing system that takes a few days/miles for it to adapt and adjust itself to driving patterns..

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you - did u did it yourself - I was wondering how hard it is if I do it myself, never done before but I got instructions from this site, hopefully that is the problem.....

carlos

yeah I didn't myself, not that difficult. May get messy since the ST does not have a draib plug on the transmission pan. You can add one if you like after you take the pan off. It took me about 15-20 minutes.

Do a search under projects, type in Transmission under the search bar at the project section. You should be able to access information by other members on how to change the oil on the transmission and to install a drain plug on the pan.