Obama clinches nomination AP Press release

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She stuck by her man only to advance her political agenda, you cannot repect a person that would do that JMO

That is politics as usual. Is there any suprise to that? All those in politics do anything they can to advance their political career. Be it holding a gun and saying you support the NRA to singing the National Anthem in Spanish hoping to get the Hispanic vote.

Tom

Hey TomT>

I just posted the news sonny, wether you like it or not does not matter.

My mistake. I guess someone else posted this paragraph in your original post:

WELL I DO BELIEVE THAT HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE. CAN BARACK OBAMA WIN THE PRESIDENCY?? I THINK HE WILL. THE 28 PERCENT THAT SOMEHOW STILL APPROVE OF THE CURRENT REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT HAVE NOT THE CLOUT TO OVERCOME THE CALL FOR CHANGE. BETTER GET USED TO THE IDEA IF YOU ARE STILL IN BUSHLAND. -Frank

If you would have asked me about this 6 months ago. I would have said Hillary would have been nominated (Not that I wanted her, just my honest thought as to who would win).

I am shocked...

Once again,, McCain is looking better and better...

It will be interesting to see if Senator Obama actually offers the VP position to her.

I think the timing of the Vanity Fair article on former President Clinton is odd too. It seems they are trying to open up another media circus at this critical time when Sen Clinton needs no such distractions.

What is crazy is that all of this stupid stuff is keeping the Democrats in the headlines, while sanity rules on the Republican side, and they get almost no coverage whatsoever. As a result, people actually recognize the names of the Democrats more than McCain. Many people vote on name recognition alone, so controversy is actually allowing them free press time and improving the poll numbers. They'll definitely win the votes of the Jerry Springer audience. :lol:

I don't understand how being 15 or 16% Black would make him the 1st Black president. How about the overwhelming percentage of him being mid-eastern making him the 1st mid-eastern president?

Figure it out

don't understand how being 15 or 16% Black would make him the 1st Black president. How about the overwhelming percentage of him being mid-eastern making him the 1st mid-eastern president?

Figure it out

Funny, his bio says he was born in Hawaii, his dad was from Kenya, and his mother was from Kansas.

God help us. All I can hope is the Moral Majority, conservatives and firearms owners in this nation vote in droves! Seems to me that was done when Reagan was first voted in. Not the disgusting democrat that rode his coat tails 12 years later.

Read it an weep (now or later)...

From the New York Sun in February 14, by Kenneth Blackwell ....

"It's an amazing time to be alive in America. We're in a year of firsts in this presidential election: the first viable woman candidate; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first frontrunning freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will be a first.

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender.

Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper look at him.

Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton.

Never in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he lost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty pageant.

Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and blue, to lead the United States of America. But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial "beauty."

Start with national security, since the president's most important duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong Il, who is murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table against terrorists — something no president has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s. Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on "the rich."

How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a stadium rally by saying, "All praise and glory to God!" but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have "hijacked" — hijacked — Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it

How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck

Has anyone seen what the National Debt is?

9.2 Trillion.

Just a heads up. I will gladly pay more tax's if my money would pay for more than just a war in Iraq.

I hope that Kennith Blackwell is not the same man that ran for govenor in Ohio. That is the pot calling the kettle black.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
50 choices for Miss America,

and we get stuck with three clowns that won't

change a thing and will only pander to keep Big government

stealing our money and wasting it!

Fair Tax Now

Vote Bob Barr!:D

Hey Ken >

I am going to tell the gun magazine editor about the article you copied and pasted on here.

It is amazing to me how people will put gun rights above thier familys well being. Obama is not going to take away your precious guns you glow-worm. The NRA is too powerful. Any candidate would be foolish to do so. Besides no one will have any disposable income to buy ammo if McBush gets in. Wake up and join the rest of us in reality.

Did you call Ken a "glo-worm"? Are you in high school? What is it with name-calling? Yesterday the former President called a journalist a "scumbag". I guess when a person has no facts to back him up, the name calling is what results.

Regarding Mr Clinton -- he is quickly becoming a liability for Mrs Clinton. That is a bad place to be.

It is amazing to me how people will put gun rights above thier familys well being. Obama is not going to take away your precious guns you glow-worm. The NRA is too powerful. Any candidate would be foolish to do so. Besides no one will have any disposable income to buy ammo if McBush gets in. Wake up and join the rest of us in reality.

Is there a better place for a family than standing behind the guns, instead of in front of them?

I don't put my guns before my family, but I have no problem putting them on equal footing, just as I do my faith. God, Guns, Family and Old Glory. God who gave us this country, gave our founding fathers the wisdom to creat such a spectacular way of life. Guns to protect that which is ours - our freedom, our property, our rights and our way of life. Family is building block of this country, family is the way God made it to be - one man, one woman and if they choose, as many kids as they want. Old Glory is the flag of this country, a flag I have never taken an offical oth to protect and serve, but do by debating the jello-minded, kool-aid drinkers like yourself who want to take the Constitution and our Bill of Rights and use them as toilet paper.

And once again, you resort to name calling. Way to loose an argument.

Obama will try to take the guns out of my and my family's hands. He was a part of doing it in Illinois, he has said as much on the campaign trail. I "cling to my guns and religion" with great ferver.

The second amendment is not about hunting. Look back in history and you will see the greatest of Americans repeat time and time again that the 2nd is about protecting the American way of life from all adversaries, and if and when the time comes, for the people to rise up and take arms against the dictatorial rulers that have taken the country by fiat. That time is comming. Depending on how the Supreme Court decides later this month could be one of the final straws.

What difference does it make? They both suck eggs. Things WILL change, but STILL stay the same. Anyway can you name me 1 "real" politician that has helped the people that voted him in. They are "all" crooks. Get your vote, your money, and press on.

God who gave us this country, gave our founding fathers the wisdom to creat such a spectacular way of life.

Definition of the above statement...

God hates Native American's!

Tom

Well, I guess I will have to agrivate the situation here , Just a little.

Since the Vince Foster thing, I have never trusted Hillary Clinton. Maybe she has an ulterior motive for possibly accepting the VP nomination, or maybe wishful thinking. She said she would never give up and I for one believe her. There, Toss that around for a while.....

Good point Xpertz. If Obama makes Hillary VP then I give him less than a year in office before she has him knocked off.

Congratulations to Barack Obama- he is an inspiration to many and I believe he will win and be a fine President. I have had enough "borrow and spend" and if taxes must go up to pay off the bill to the mercenaries, better that than pass the bill on to my children. I think this country has far too many urgent problems for him to pay much attention to rewriting the gun laws or worrying about which God to believe in. I don't think God is going to reduce our national debt, save our troops in Iraq or help us pay for our escalating cost of living. If God is a comfort to some, so be it, its our right to believe as we wish, whether your favorite Kool Aid is the Bible, The Koran or ancient writings on cave walls. I personally don't believe in God, because I don't see any evidence that there is such a being and if I ascribe to a particular religion or belief system, then all the others are wrong, and I can't accept that.

As for a running mate, I would pick John Edwards. Hillary Clinton would backfire as the Republicans would gleefully rerun the red phone ads, she would undoubtedly feel her role would be "copresident" and we don't have enough Secret Service agents to keep tabs on Bill.:wacko:

I don't understand how being 15 or 16% Black would make him the 1st Black president. How about the overwhelming percentage of him being mid-eastern making him the 1st mid-eastern president?

Figure it out

:wacko:

Some people amaze me!

If Chemey was running for president, the USA would have a president for 4 terms.

I am still waiting for Nader to announce he is running. God help us if Obama or McCain win. I think I will move to a randon island in the Carribean. :p

Mike Fazzina

Latest posts