occupy wall street.......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your are going to occupy Wall Steet, shouldn't you at least be in New York...:grin:

....Rich

Yea, these idiots are scewing up things here in downtown Pittsburgh. Most of them are white yuppies that have never had to want for anything in their lives. I'm al for standing up for things but have something to stand up forand not just go vandalize things and property.

Also I'd like to know who's paying all these peoples bills while the do all this? WTH ???

Also I'd like to know who's paying all these peoples bills while the do all this? WTH ???

Their parents. They'll disappear for a short while when finals come up and they finally have to study for their humanities classes.

Oh, and they'll also have to go give all their gifts to family and friends for Christmas. This whole capitalism thing sucks. It even interrupts completely legitimate protests!

I really havent paid it much attention. From what I have seen. I think their reasoning is goofey.

The system may not be perfect. I believe it is the one that has kept us from being a 3rd world country...JMO..

Some of these morons are trust fund leeches, like this idiot. Warning: Graphic language in this video. Not Safe For Work

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lQX4u-W7uyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A Breitbart.tv investigation has uncovered that the man whose epic meltdown video at the "Occupy Wall Street" protests went viral is really Edward T. Hall III. Mr. Hall is a Columbia graduate student who has a trust fund set up by his grandfather. He recently made headlines for trying to board a flight at JFK airport by hopping the ticket counter and diving onto the baggage carousel.

He was charged with trespassing and is free on "conditional release."

<A HREF="http://tv.breitbart.com/occupywallst-poster-boy-a-trust-fund-baby-attempted-stowaway-at-jfk/">http://tv.breitbart.com/occupywallst-poster-boy-a-trust-fund-baby-attempted-stowaway-at-jfk/</A>

My guess is that most of these idiots will disperse once the weather starts getting too cold to camp outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We are strong. Do you see how strong we are? This coulda gotten so worse but we are taking it far-THAR! We are taking it far-thar like the future cars are gonna have more mileage and more sustainable stars then on the flag!" (from the video)

I'm not sure what on Earth that means, and I don't think I'm the only one puzzled. Is that stoner beat poetry? That this guy is a Columbia University graduate speaks volumes. That he, the "face of the revolution", is a trust fund baby really shoots down the movement's assertion that they're all out-of-work students and blue-collar workers sticking it to "the Man" who turned their jobs into yachts...

At first I wasn't sure if he knew any words besides the "F-bomb". It almost sounds like he's crying at the beginning. This guy talks about making our Founding Fathers proud & stopping them from "rolling over in their graves". I'm surprised they haven't risen from the grave and beat him senseless yet...I guess they already know he is senseless already :grin:

I also wonder if this guy could even name any of the Founding Fathers, recite the Bill of Rights...you know, all that good pro-American stuff that he claims he's going to bring back.

Frank,

Nobody here is questioning the "Reasons" behind these protests...I think most here are questioning the futility and stupidity of these protests and what they hope to achieve.

The system used on Wall street is what has made this country what it is, but it certainly is not perfect. Wall street has a lot of Federal laws and rules they must abide by and from time to time the laws need to be updated because given time, people will find loopholes in any set of old laws.

How is protesting in Pittsburg, Oakland, etc going to change anything on Wall Street in New York? Especially when one of their prominent leaders is rich kid who has never had to work a day in his life and his grandfather probably earned the money for his trust fund on Wall Street.

...Rich

Now they said thanks to this movement, there are people with lots of student loans saying that their loans should be forgiven completely and they shouldn't have to pay. Sorry, if you went to college, you should pay for the tuition you used. If you couldn't afford it, you should've tried to get financial assistance and if you couldn't gotten that, don't go to a $30K year school. There are other colleges out there that are a lot cheaper, but still good.

Seriously... If you dont know the (multitude of) reasons these protests are going on... you are living in an alternate reality.

Then please enlighten us, because the "reasons" given thus far are all over the map. A lot of the "demands" are misguided and blame is misplaced on the wrong "culprits". And a lot of the "demands" aren't even realistic.

Nobody seems to be offering any real, practical, doable solutions for most of these "reasons"/"demands". If you have any examples of solutions offered, or any suggestions/solutions of your own, let's hear them, Frank.

Capitalism works and is the most in-corrupt and fair societal forms in the world. There are unfair practices in Wall Street and Wall Street is too connected to politics. Who started the corruption...I blame Washington, not Wall Street. Poor judgement and ethics on the part of politicians is the only way Wall Street could work its way into politics.

Businesses will seek ways to increase profits. That's expected. If politicians create loopholes that favor individual businesses or segments of markets, the businesses would be foolish to reject the advantages. It's also expected that politicians do not make it their job to interfere or favor businesses either. Strong ethics and a sense of civil servitude would preclude politicians from doing such things. You can probably guess the opinion I hold on public servants' ethics.

Those issues do need to be addressed. If this "movement" accomplishes anything, I would like that to be the result. Anti-capitalism is extremely ignorant and misplaced, though.

And guys, please don't feed the troll. This is something worth having an intelligent discussion about.

Hugh,

I agree with you 100%.:banana::banana:

Hopefully there can be an intelligent dialog on the subject here.

...Rich

If someone could explain this "Alternate Reality" living to me I would be appreciative.

"Reality" isn't really working out for me. It sounds like something I would like to try.

:smack::smack:

The Occupy Wall Street movement protests really frighten the establishment. They frighten big corporations, high-level banking executives, basically the rich and powerful. Try to inform yourself before bashing the movement. You probably are someone who may benefit from some progress...

There are five reasons why the Rich are frightened by this Occupy Wall Street movement. None of them have to do with physical violence -- they have to do with politics. They are not really worried about ending up poor. But they are very worried that their PAID-FOR Republican Senators and Congressmen (and a few Democrats) may get voted out. They are afraid of progressive, productive, fundamental changes, that may actually benefit regular Americans. These protests are huge news across the world. Lots of these large protests are happening around the globe, and are big news. But not here. Why?

All elections are decided by two groups of people:

Persuadable voters who always vote, but are undecided switch hitters. This group includes lots of political independents.

Staunch voters who would vote for one Party or the other, but have to be motivated to vote.

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is so frightening to the Right and its media machine, because it may directly affect the behavior of those two groups of voters in the upcoming election. (The wealthy are obviously a known Republican voting-bloc.)

1). The narrative. People in America are very unhappy with their economic circumstances. As a result the outcome of the 2012 election will hinge heavily on who gets the blame for the horrible economy -- and who the public believes, or hopes -- can lead them into better economic times.

Political narratives are the stories people use to understand the political world. Like all stories, they define a protagonist and antagonist. And political narratives generally ascribe to those central characters moral qualities -- right and wrong.

For several years, the Tea Party-driven narrative has been in the ascendance to explain America's economic woes. Its vision of the elites in government versus hard-working freedom-loving people has heavily defined the national political debate.

Of course at first glance it's an easy case for them to make. The President, who is the head of the over-powerful, "dysfunctional" government, is in charge. Things aren't going well -- so he, and the government he runs, must be at fault.

The Occupy Wall Street movement has helped force the alternative narrative into the media and public consciousness. The recklessness and greed of the big Wall Street banks, CEO's and top one percent -- those are the culprits who sunk the economy and who have siphoned off all of the economic growth from the middle class. They and their enablers in Congress -- largely Republicans -- are the problem. To address the underlying economic crisis facing everyday Americans we must rein in their power.

This narrative is very compelling and, of course, it is true. It's not that many voices haven't framed the debate in these terms for years. But by creating a must- cover story, the Occupy Wall Street movement has forced it onto the daily media agenda. That is great news for Progressives. The longer it continues, the better- I say...

Right Wing pundits have disparaged the Occupy Wall Street movement for not having specific "policy proposals" -- but the Right knows better. The Occupy Wall Street movement is advocating something much more fundamental. It is demanding a change in the relations of power -- reining in the power of Wall Street, millionaires and billionaires - the CEO class as a whole. It is demanding that everyday Americans -- the 99% -- (YOU !!)share in the increases in their productivity and have more real control of their futures -- both individually and as a society. Now that's something for the Right to worry about.

Don't forget that unemployment is high. Wage desparity, at an all time high. And the Tea-Party was founded well before President Obama was in office. The blame for the economic woes we enjoy, rest SQUARELY upon the shoulders of the previous administration. The Occupy Wal Street opponents, of course, want you (the now INFORMED) to forget this.

Keepin it real, (again)

Frank

Frank,

Everything you said is a load of BS...What evidence do you have that Wall Street, the rich, or any right wing politicians are fearful of these demonstrations??

All elections are decided by two groups of people:

Persuadable voters who always vote, but are undecided switch hitters. This group includes lots of political independents.

Staunch voters who would vote for one Party or the other, but have to be motivated to vote.

That constitutes 100% of the voters and has always been that way??? You have 20% of the voter who will always vote for either the Democratic or Republican candidates...no questions asked. Then you have the undecided who do not vote along party lines, and prefer to be persuaded by the the individual candidates....That the way it has always been, so Why do you want to make that sound like a conspiracy??

All of your arguments are based on very biased opinions, and propaganda. Nothing you said is based on any fact that can be proven or documented.

If you have any proof of these allegations, please present them...but don't just post links to some "Occupy Wall Street" propaganda website.

...Rich

Latest posts