Painting The Cladding ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Cobb

Reaction score
I have a Blak 2003 ST. It has the grey cladding and I want to paint it black. I've read the project on painting the cladding with Dupli-Color Bumper Coating. I'm just curious as to how good that will look. I've seen Shabbadoobie's on ST of the Week and want the paint to look something along those lines. Do you guys think that will work ? Sean

If you paint it black you will have done just what Shabbadoobie did. Why wouldn't it work. I have a silver '03 and thought about doing mine in black also. (don't even want to attempt doing it in silver) Black would be harder to mess up and wouldn't show the "screw-ups" as bad. Black on black does look sweet.;)

Take a look at the cladding Todd Z did as well, his looks awesome too! A few others have done it. Each has their ideas check out projects to the left under "Members" link. Maybe you can find direction there from some of the members that have done it.

You can look at my pics in my library but be forwarned.. :) mine came that way from the factory. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam just painted his Black ST's cladding black following the project write up I did.

Here are pics of his finished product...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And my Silver Birch when I finished it...

174c995489117453c72e8787a7431a81.jpg

And the link to the projects...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks GM!!!

Mine was body shop equipment. I wanted the texture gone nd a glossy look...

But I will say I do like the way Tom R's Came out...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts