Post here is your steering wheel is peeling!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tan leater was peeling on my 03 and was replaced.

no prob on my 01

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, First one at 20K now again at 37K miles. 03 st

Ford replaced my Leather one at 22,000 miles after going to 2 different dealers who both said "Nornal wear and tear, it's not covered", the 3rd one replaced it under warranty with no problem. Now at 40,000 miles and out of warranty, it's doing the same damn thing again! :angry:

Had mine replaced at 35K under warrenty, no questions asked. Now at 71K and no major problems, a couple of scratched areas that are pealing a bit, but it happens to be right where my wedding ring hits... coincidence??

Mine is no different, I am looking to replace it with an aftermarket, first I am going to try to see what ford will do for me.

I have the cloth interior - my steering wheel isn't leather, so it's not peeling. :)

However, I don't think this problem with the leather steering wheels is just the Tracs. My ex's 2000 Eddie Bauer edition Expedition did the same thing.

I think CoastieJoe could sell alot of steering wheels that don't have the leather covering. :)

Mine is peeling at the 12, 8 and 4 positions. Dealer claimed that I had soem sort of thing on my hands that caused the leather to detiorate such as aftershave. Never had a problem in any other vehicle.... I have the prarie tan interior, and the spots on the wheel are dark brown. I asked dealer to show me where I can get it replaced (the leather) and they gave me some numbers. None of the shops did steering wheel cover replacement. They would however replace the entire wheel for my if I bought one. They would even swap over the airbag. All for 80 bucks plus the price of the wheel. I am living wiht it and at 92k in my '01.

Latest posts