Post here is your steering wheel is peeling!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what is under the cover? If it is just a normal textured steering wheel, I'll probably just cut off the cover when it finally bites the dust.

YES! :angry::angry: Add me to the list. I'm very PO'd about it too. I've had many vehicles for over 50k and never had an issue. My '02 ST is the first. Mine is grey and peeling and discoloring. Started at about 40k, I have 82k now and I'm still dealing with it. Very close to getting a cover.

By the way, I'm sooo :angry::angry: mostly because this combined with the door pull paint wearing off and the radio bezel peeling too! Argh!

I had this problem at about 30K, but I bought it used and I would bet this is the second steering wheel. I put a cover over it.

My other problem is the ON button for the cruise control broke and finally just came off of the wheel. Now I have a big hole i have to put my finger in to turn on the cruise.

My door panels have faded real bad on top and the seats are stained... Can you tell this thing was a pile of spare parts and they said "hmmm wonder what we can do with these?"

My grey one started peeling at 37.000 miles (of course, just out of warranty) and I have had a cover on it ever since. Rusty quoted me $170 for replacement, but since that will probably do the same thing I am going to stick with my cover for now.

Latest posts