Potential ST Owner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I leased a '07 Sport Trac V8 Limited 4x4 in August, up over 7000 miles now. The Sport Trac with independent rear suspension offers a smoother ride on rough roads than the Frontier, but that might not be as much of a concern in Florida. There is a bit more interior space in the ST, but the Frontier has a longer box. Performance wise, the trucks are similar, although you would expect the ST with a v8 and 6-speed to have a slight advantage when towing, while the Nissan offers about 1mpg better fuel economy. Both trucks offer quality sound systems, but the Ford ST offers more options.

For me, living in Canada where the frost gets in the ground and creates heaves in the road, the smooth suspension of the Sport Trac was key in my decision. Winter lasts several months, and I have experienced lots of bouncing around with my previous solid-axle equipped trucks. Also, I tow a 4400 lb, 27 foot travel trailer, and felt a v8 was better for the job. Plus, I have a Ford dealer in my little town, and have had good experiences with Fords in the past.

Get the Audiophile sound system if you get the Ford, it rocks. The tonneau cover, bed extender, and power rear window are also key options.

Best thing to do is drive them, and choose what is best for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
power rear window is now standard on the Limited (started with Job 3 for the 07's)...my next door neighbor has a frontier and we both agree that the ST is a better vehicle all around.

Is it just me, or am I the only one who never plans on sitting in the back seat of my own vehicles? I can only think of one reason to do so, and I would probably have better things on my mind

you'd want to be comfortable though right??

Awesome...

Last edited by a moderator:
re: Potential ST Owner by Daeron,11/20/2006 11:26 ET

power rear window is now standard on the Limited (started with Job 3 for the 07's)...my next door neighbor has a frontier and we both agree that the ST is a better vehicle all around.

Also, heated mirrors available on the base Explorer are now packaged w/ the heated windshield option for Job3 (production start 12/4/06).

Latest posts