REAR WINDOW MEASURMENT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Beaulieu

Reaction score
I am trying to buy a decal for my rear window (the middle one that folds down to be exact). Does anyone know the measurment for that window. I am trying to put a Detroit Tigers "D" on the back window being that i am from Detroit, Michigan. I want the majority of the D to cover the window.

Can anyone please help me thanks!!!

Alan

Uh, that's what tape measures are for. :p ;)

alan,

Not to sound like a jerk, but don't you have a Trac that you can measure since you know how big you want it and how you want it to look?

Tom

Don't know about Alan, so this is not directed at him; a lot of people do not know how to read a ruler or tape measure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys don't be so hard on Alan; I just looked at his profile, and he is stationed in Germany so his ST is probably over here in the states. Just like the situation you would be in Nelson if you had kept your ST. :D

I just went out and measured 28.75". Had to measure on the inside because of truck cap.

Hey Alan. Want to have an ST meet? I'm in Poland. Berlin is a good place to have a meet, don't you think? We may not have STs here, but there is good beer and beautiful frauleins. :D

Don't tell him !! If he doesn't know, then he can't degredate his Trac with such a bad decal (unless I can find it and switch it with a White Sox "Sox" decal :eek: )

Ya know i will give it to you guys. Some of you are right. I couldve went out and bought a tape measure and taped it. I fiqured that someone may have a decal on the same window and maybe had a picture or something first before i went out and measured, but thank you for the smart ass comments anyway. Its not like this world has enough dicks in it. Yes, i am stationed in germany and my Trac is here with me so getting good aftermarket parts arent easy to come by. I cant merly go to an Autozone. However, again i fiquerd someone may have a decal on the same window and i was merly asking a question.

Alan, Rachel drives my truck, but I can gladly get you what you need tonight when she is home, Just email me to remind me and i can get it to you..

Todd Z

Well Alan, you have to know here that some questions are smart questions and some not so smart. Many here answer the not-so-smart in a sarcastic tone. So expect that in the future. In your last post, you've dropped down to the level of name calling; not very nice names by the way. That will usually result in even more negative responses. Keep in mind also that there are those here who monitor such things as spelling, grammer, puncuation and capitalization.........all area where it looks like you could use some improvement.

To all:

A better way to have asked this question would have been:

I have an ST and am considering putting a decal in the rear window. I'm not sure what size decal I should get. Can someone post pictures of their rear-window decals, and/or describe the size of the decals they used and where on the window (middle, upper-left, etc) they placed them. Oh, and if anyone already knows the overall size of the ST rear window, post that too. I'll head out with a tape measure if no one knows it off the top of their head. Thanks!

Now tell me, doesn't that more accurately ask the question desired and won't it more likely solicit the feedback needed?

It's all about communicating, folks.

TJR

Hey, I'm an engineer...everybody knows we kant spel. Guess I made my point. Not on purpose though.

TJR,

Instead of spending time re-wrtiing what i wrote how about you actually use this site to help people. You know nothing about me and you want to sit there and make an attempt to belittle me. Do me a favor and grow up.

Bill-E,

You as well could use some maturing. Who are you to sit there critique what i write. Okay, so im a busy person and a fast typer and i have some spelling errors or what not. I am human . I dont appreciate the fact that you automatically assume that your "one-up" on me just because you know a little about english. Some of us werent fortunate enough to go to college. Sorry! My bad. My parents couldnt afford college, and living in Detroit didnt exactly lead me down the path to college. So instead the only option i had was to join the military. Recruiters stated "you will have plenty of time for college." Instead i have been deployed every year for a MINIMUM of 6 months. Re-deployed home for AT MOST 4 months, 1 month of training and than back out to Iraq for 6-8 months.

All i did was ask a question. It was the decision of others to make sarcastic remarks that really wasnt neccesary. People are on this website to ask for help. I dont think this website intent was for people to get ridiculed, belittled and treated like a kid. You want to talk to me about factors such as; name calling, spelling, grammer and puncuation. Instead of sitting there trying to feel like youve accomplished something by pointing out my mistakes you couldve very easily IGNORED what i wrote or offered your help.

One is supposed to learn about spelling, grammar and punctuation prior to attending college. Since you suggest that I ignore what you wrote; why do you not choose to ignore what I wrote? I, not my parents, paid for my college; something called a Work-Study program.

Alan,

I guess folks get carried away sometimes. I traded my ST in August and really didn't have the answer. I should have just not posted, but I joined the band wagon. I didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings.

I know what it is like to be away from home. Fortunately I haven't been to Iraq, but I am in the first month of a two year non-volunteer assignment to Poland. I had only been in the US three years since returning from Korea. This is my eighth base and fourth remote assignment in 19 years. I make the best of it, but there is nothing like being home.

The cold and snow arrived with a vengeance this week in Poland, and I've been waiting for my boxes of winter clothes for a month now. The car is still on the boat, and I have to stand at the tram stop every morning freezing to go to work. I walk everywhere else.

Military life at times sucks, but I love my job and am happy to see all the things I've seen. We are underpaid and under appreciated. You'll be back home in a couple of months, and hopefully won't deploy again. As for me, our General sent a message today asking for "volunteers" to go Afghanistan in the next two weeks. Fortunately, they are looking for officers this time...my day will come sooner than I want.

Alan says:
Instead of spending time re-wrtiing what i wrote how about you actually use this site to help people. You know nothing about me and you want to sit there and make an attempt to belittle me. Do me a favor and grow up.

Wow...thanks Alan. What you took as belittling was actually me trying to help.

It wasn't even criticism directed towards you (not I said "To all:"). I'm trying to help. I'm trying to show how additional information can help to avoid confusion and smart-alec type replies.

I don't understand why encouraging others to communicate more clearly and giving an example of such can be viewed as belittling.

So, I did try to "use this site to help people", yet you say I should "grow up". I'm not sure where that came from.

Good luck with your decal search. Let me know if you find a state-side source and need someone to mail you a decal.

Later,

TJR

Nice edit TJR. That other part was better left unsaid. I know what your point was, but it could have been taken in a negative way.