REAR WINDOW MEASURMENT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Letting your kids sit wherever they want it not a legal activity. The law says kids must sit in a child seat and when bigger, they can sit in a booster seat.

There are no laws that says smoking is illegal. Stores sell cigaretts and the states have no problem assessing tax's on them.

Tom

And the law says (in some states), you can't smoke in a car. Same thing.

Your problem comes back to the hypocricy of smoking, our government heavily taxing it on one hand, and restricting it on the other.

There are tons of laws that say when smoking is illegal. Like on a plane for example.

It's the same thing, you just don't like the big-brother aspect of making money hand over fist, but then telling people when they can and can't.

Well, get over it. They do the same with alcohol. ;)

TJR

And the law says (in some states), you can't smoke in a car. Same thing.

Sorry, I disagree.

Your problem comes back to the hypocricy of smoking, our government heavily taxing it on one hand, and restricting it on the other.

Not really. It is OK to sell cigarettes, but not OK to smoke them? I don't smoke. I hate the smell. It is still a legal activity. I will support smoking bans when they say smoking is illegal.

There are tons of laws that say when smoking is illegal. Like on a plane for example.

Doesn't mean I agree with them.

It's the same thing, you just don't like the big-brother aspect of making money hand over fist, but then telling people when they can and can't.

I do not like the government telling me what I can or can not do. Just because the government says it is legal does not make it right and just because the government says it is illegal doesn't mean it is wrong.

Well, get over it. They do the same with alcohol.

That is a whole different subject there.

Tom

Caymen,

It's legal to drink alcohol in every state (I said drink...some locales have restrictions on the sale...dry counties and towns for examples), but the government restricts the sale and consumption.

- They set a minimum age for purchasing alcohol.

- They enact public intoxication laws

- They set legally impaired and intoxicated blood-alchohol limits

- They set hours and sometimes days of the week for legal sale

- etc, etc...

So here we have a legal activity that is restricted by certain laws.

Is this the same or different than restrictions on smoking?

Do you disagree with these alcohol restrictrictions or just the smoking ones?

TJR

Do you disagree with these alcohol restrictrictions or just the smoking ones?

I am split on that. I have never seen anyone smoke 8 cigarettes then drive their car causing an accident.

Tom