RECOMMEND MP3 PLAYER

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
Wife is wanting a new MP3 player for christmas. She currently has a ipod nano but the 5 yr old has got ahold of it and its not in 100% shape.

Not sure to get her another ipod or something else. i personally like the scandisk fuse

any recommendations

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything made by Creative Labs, the people who "invented" the Soundblaster sound card and gave us decent sound for our PCs.

The Fuze is on sale at Buy.com. The 4gb model that does music, video, pictures. $49.99

I ordered a pink one today. great price. i think blue is available too.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207935937

Another vote for the Sansa Fuze. Just got one for our daughter for Christmas. Less than 1/2 the price of a 4GB Ipod Nano, and none of the proprietary iTunes crap needed.

TJR

My suggestion is, ANYTHING but an i-pod. Reason being, they are NEVER on sale and even if you catch a rare sale price, they'll jack you with the i-tune downloads.

Take a gander at others IMHO...

Why is everyone trashing the ipod. my first mp3 was a sansa. i liked it, but the screen ended up breaking and it was very plain. i dont know what your budget is but i would definetly go with an ipod. i have the new ipod touch and its awsome! there is so much that you can do with it; watch movies, download many great apps and games many of which are free( i have yet to buy an app.), and of course listen to music Itunes easily sync's the music to your ipod. i didnt like the way that i had to add music to my sansa. the new nanos are pretty cool too! also because there never on sale and yet they still control the mp3 market sure says alot about the product IMO :) .

i have a 8gb ipod nano that i like... my gf has a 8gb zune....

mine is smaller, but heres was cheaper and is kinda easier to use... she can grab music off my cpu her cpu... but the ipod can only be from one cpu...

my next choice will be a zune

edit: ipod touch is pretty sweet tho! ;) i wouldnt mind having one of those

Last edited by a moderator:
A girl who works for me bought her son a Zune for his birthday. She brought it to me to load music on so when he opened it, he would be able to listen to something besides the miserable sample music they always include for demo.

It took me a while to get the software downloaded from the site, but everything else went very well. I loaded 1500 songs, all the pics from her camera and MySpace page (about 200). Added about 100 videos that I had and thought he would enjoy.

I did all this in a couple of hours and still had tons of room for more, but I wanted to leave him lots of space to add what he wanted.

The nice thing about the Zune is that a couple of friends have them too and they can transfer music from one to the other via bluetooth. He's been able to add about 300 more songs from others and they've been able to get tons of them from him.

Had a nice feel, excellent graphics and a very friendly user interface.

It rivals my Zen Vision M 32GB unit (my favorite of all my players) in ease of use and unlike the iPod line, the sound was excellent.

I collect these MP3 players. I just found 3 on sale for Cyber Monday. I got them in the mail the other day and have been having fun playing around with them. There have a lot of innovations over the past few years. They're nothing like they used to be.

Latest posts