Reggie's Gas Gauge. ............True.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to say...even my ST is pissed with me...it sits in the lower driveway. My hubby and I drive the cars or he rides the Harley. Traveling to and from work was killing us. It's about a 30 mile commute for both of us one way. The ST does get to play once in awhile on the weekends with the boat. Currently $2.35 a gallon up in my area of Maine.

$2.24 here in Auburn, Alabama, and that's from BP...I get to drive like 500miles this weekend, so that should be fun, but since it's all interstate, I can get about 425-450 outta one tank. I went home to pick up a couch yesterday, filled up before I left and as soon as I got back...averaged 22.9mpg. Thanks Wayne...

In response to AdamCKach's post on the relationship between gas and oil prices -- that's because alot of the price of gas (though I'm not sure exactly how much and it varies depending on where you live) is locked up in taxes and such. Those don't go down even if the price of oil does.

$2.65 in So Cal so $53+ a fill up. I also found out that some gas pumps in the area have a $50 cap then stop. It's a real pain because you have to re-run your card and then start over to get the last few gallons of gas.

Even us little guys are paying alot... I had to pay $26 to fillup my little Toyota Matrix yesterday. That's the most I've ever spent on a full tank.

It's running about $2.40 here in Kingman, AZ. So for about 18 gallons for the ST and 20 gallons for the boat, it's gonna been an expensive weekend on the lake. I hate the thought that my new boat will have to sit in the yard more that I planned. :angry:

I also found out that some gas pumps in the area have a $50 cap then stop

Ahh, no wonder! I thought it was an amusing coinicidence that this happened to me twice...the pump stopped at exactly $50. But both times the amount of gas pumped into the tank was about 19 gallons which is about right at the time of fill up, so I never realized it was a $50 cap. Now I know!

David,

Those stations usually don't charge extra fees for debit or charge cards, so they shut off at $50 automatically on debit cards. I was told that the pumps do that on debit cards in case of fraud. And I've shelled out $47 to fill the Trac with fuel...

Tracnblack: If only all this money at the pump was going to an American (Texas) oil company. Unfortunately, it's the ARABs that are jacking these prices up. Anyone ever hear of OPEC (Oil Producing/ Exporting Countries)?....they are THE biggest terrorist organization in the world and they keep bending us over the pump and giving it to us....

Do a google search for American petrolium companies. You can get a list of American gas-buying service stations in your area. Also, remember: no one made you buy an St, which only gets 20mpg. Least of all the Pres.

Answer to the gas price question:

Bush is from Texas...

Next question...

Liberals....got a love em! :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
$2.30 here in Diamondhead, MS. I passed one station where it was $2.37 to get to the $2.30 price. Cost me $44.50 to fill up my tank, the most I have ever paid.

One of that causes is from China. They are becomming a player in the world market and are competeing with us in the buying of oil.

Welcome to a world economy. The money we save buying imprted Chinese crap we give right back at the pump.

Tom

While I believe the record gas company profits speak for themselves, when you break it down it's not that much more for the average driver.

Based on 16 mpg, it costs about 6.3 cents more per mile at $2.50/gal (15.6 cents/mile) compared to $1.50/gal (9.3 cents/mile) .

I drive approximately 250 miles/week. For me this is about $15 or $16 more per week now than when gas was $1.50.

While I liked it when the gas prices were lower, I will still drive where I want to when I want to.

BTW, I am still planning to convert my VW Bug to electric.:)

Latest posts