SOLD! 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4x4 V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nancy parker

Reaction score
Only 518 miles (as of today)! I just took delivery of this truck last week - but it turns out to be a little too much truck for me. (I went from an Escape to this). Sticker was about $34,000. I'm asking $28K.

It's loaded - power heated leather two-tone seats, climate control, power pedals, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, safety package (extra airbags), class 3 towing, hard tonneau cover, etc.

Stunning dark cherry with tan interior!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Call 860-620-0895 if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well - I'm a girl and have never had anything bigger than a Ford Escape. When I saw it, it was next to an Escape on the lot and didn't look THAT much bigger. When I test drove it, I fell in love. But I didn't realize during the test drive that it was a bit too big for me. I'm sure there are plenty of women who own/drive these - but it's just not a good fit for me. I've always had smaller vehicles and am used to parking in tight spots, etc. My parking lot at work is a big challenge for me - and I didn't realize it until I drove in last week. The spots are narrow and tight. I'm just not used to parking something that big there. (I can't just park in the middle of two spots - everyone there knows me and would really give me a hard time) For now, I'm parking it in a vacant lot across the street - but that isn't a good long term solution. I suppose I could just find another job - that would solve part of the problem. LOL!

It really is a FANTASTIC truck (that's why I bought it)....but every day reality set in and it's just way more than I need. How often am I going to use the bed? All I do is get groceries and go to work. I don't know what I was thinking....I guess I wasn't when I bought it. It's just so beautiful and drives like a dream.....I fell right into the salesman's trap.

If my husband didn't already have his dream truck, I would have just swapped with him. But he has a F350 Lariat Crew Cab DRW all done up. And he has no need for two trucks.

That's why I posted here - because people who already have Sport Trac's and want another would be the perfect fit for this.

my boss just bought a toyota tundra crew cab he loves it but today he was complaining about it being a little to long for the parking garage.

Nancy,

Practice. You get used to the size. I honestly think you will be happy with it, you just need to get used to it. Practice parking in lots and fins where the corners of your vehicle is. Trust me. It isn't that bag. Once you get used to the size, you will be happy with it. Just give it time.

Tom

I do love it - it really does break my heart to sell it. My husband loves it too - but he already has a truck and it just doesn't make sense for us to have 2 trucks when I don't use it like would (to haul his toys around). So....we've decided to list his F350 in the paper and on cars.com and see which one sells first - then we'll keep the other. I didn't want him to have to sell his baby just so I could keep my truck - but so far there hasn't been any interest in my 2007 ST. (Which kind of surprised me since I keep seeing posts of people going and ordering them in Dark Cherry). Is my price too high? I thought taking $6K off sticker ($4K off what I paid) was decent since it was only driven off the lot a week ago.

Bring it back to the dealer and see if they will void the deal PROVIDED you buy another vehicle thru them.

Go now, time is ticking!

Nice idea....but I don't want any other vehicle that the dealer has to offer. Already had an Escape Hybrid (that was a lemon and frankly wasn't worth the money). Drove the Freestyle - but HATED it.....don't care for the Five Hundred.....don't need the size of a regular Explorer without the utility of the bed.

We do love this truck - we just don't need TWO trucks. (Like I mentioned - we put hubby's F350 up for sale and if that sells first, we'll keep the ST)

Anyone want a beautiful F350 Crew Cab DRW Long Bed Lariat LE with low miles? :)

It's a 2000 with only 34K miles, 7.3L V8 Hypertuned Turbo Diesel, DRW, Long Bed, Lariat LE, Auto trans, Leather, Bed Liner, About $10,000 in stereo/video customization.....including Alpine DVD Nav, DVD Video, 12 spk 1800w stereo, 6CD MP3, Class V towing, lots of custom goodies. It was never used as a work truck - always babied and garaged. We're the original owners. No scratches/dents. In perfect mechanical condition. Asking price is $27,500.

I wish we could keep both trucks - but one has to go.

Here's a link to photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a nice truck but more than I want to spend. I think you will sell that truck over the sporttrac first. List your truck here. The 7.3 are in demand because the 6.0 suck. Since you have low molage you will sell it quick. I think your price is high to me but I know you will get it easly. I been looking for a used SD truck and they hold their vaule great.

Thanks Ranger x - I'll go list it there. Yes, the price is a little on the high side - but that was because of the expensive A/V customization. I've seen many 2000's with more miles go for $26K, so we figured we could ask $27.5K because of the low miles and all the ad-ons. But if worse comes to worse, we'll drop the price down until it sells and remove parts of the A/V equipment.

I think we're leaning towards keeping the SportTrac - the F350 was always WAYYYY to big for me to handle. At least then we would have a truck that we both could drive.... and to solve the problem of not having a big enough bed for DH's toys we'll just buy a covered trailer and haul them in that. We washed and waxed the ST this weekend and it was a bonding experience......now it would be hard to part with. Let's hope the F350 sells.