Supercharged Trac in Memphis on Thursday afternoon

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott r

Reaction score
If there's anybody in the memphis, tennessee or surrounding areas who wants to have a look at the trac, or take a quick ride in it, I'll be in Memphis with it on Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours. I'm meeting Doug at a dyno there so we can finally get this thing tuned properly. Since it wasn't quite tuned properly to begin with, he's offering himself free of charge, which I think was a very classy thing of him to do.

Anyway, after the tuning is done, I'd be happy to meet up with a few of the members here from myst. My scheduled dyno time is 1pm, but I should be done by 3pm. So from there to about 6 or so, I'm free.

I don't have all the details yet, but if anyone is interested, feel free to post back here and I'll put up the details as soon as I know more.

Thanks

-Scott

Some nice A/f ratio numbers and some good RWHP numbers is all I will ask for...:D

And a ride if you ever come to NY!

Todd Z

129 round trip on jet blue!

Todd Z

lol, I don't think I'd take THAT kind of a risk with my life just to see a supercharged trac.

ok, fine be that way.....

Todd Z

lol. You're more than welcome to come check it out! I wasn't trying to discourage you. I just don't think *I* would risk *MY* life on Jet Blue to see a supercharged truck. ;)

Just let me know the time you'll be there and I'll be sure to hang around. If nobody shows interest, I'll probably be leaving memphis around 2:30 or 3pm so I can get back home at a reasonable hour.

Dang, and I was just in Memphis last month. Best ribs are at the Blues City Cafe on Beale St., best house band is down the street at the Rum Boogie, and Elvis is alive and well and singing at Club 152.

If you have large cash to drop on dinner, hit Texas de Brazil downtown next to Peabody Place, and go into Peabody Place to Isaac Hayes' store to get some jerk sauce. If you happen to be there anyway, definitely see Graceland across town (Elvis's car museum!!!). I live in Pittsburgh but I go to Memphis once or twice a year on business.

Since it isn't more than 5 hours from where I live, I'll probably just go ahead and drive back immediately after the tuning is done unless there is someone who wants to see the trac. I probably won't stick around for any shows. I do appreciate the tips though, I'll have to keep them in mind for when I have a bit more time. :)

Damn man. I don't get off work until 6pm. I'm not exactly in a market for the supercharger, but I wouldn't mind seeing it!

Let me see if I can swing some time off work that afternoon... I'll get back to ya here.

Alrighty. I must warn you...if you go for a ride in it, you will probably find yourself saving your pennies so that you can buy a supercharger. ;)

I won't leave until Thursday morning, so up until about midnight on Wednesday (central time) I'll be checking this post to see if anybody decides they want to meet up. Sorry I couldn't give y'all more notice, I just found out that I'd be down there today.

Funny how you say you would not trust jetblue... well, if it wasn't for their pilots that plane may have crashed. A good flight crew that handled an emergancy well; I'd trust them.

Then again, driving in traffic with a supercharged ST is safe ;)

lol

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, ok, you got me there.

Driving the supercharged trac in traffic is MUCH safer than driving a supercharged trac with stock suspension and brakes (upgraded pads though). haha

I'd say my life expectancty dropped a bit when I added the supercharger, but it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! :D

ha ha!!! it's okay, I would have a supercharger if I could afford it :) For now I'll just push the peddle to the floor and keep up the Aveo's! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me, it's worth saving your pennies to get one of these. The difference is almost beyond description. The only way I can put it is that this is how the Sport Tracs SHOULD have run from the factory. Ford would have sold a LOT more if they ran like they do after the supercharger. It's a blast to drive and it will still haul around your bike, kids and dog comfortably, all the while blowing the doors off of any little punk 19-year-old's import tuner and making him look like a huge ass in front of his hot, 18-year-old, just legal enough to...uh...look at, girlfriend. :lol:

Mmmmm.... Blues City Cafe....

I'm in Jonesboro, 1 hour away. Unfortuneatly, Thursdays are bad.

How does that baby affect gas mileage?

hey... what type of sc is that??? is it custom or is it something that you got from another car (maybe a nissan frontier?? with a v-6) nad just adapted it??? how many pennies should I save for something like that (ok... just dollars)??? did you have to mod the hood???

Rama,

It is a complete kit from www.explorerexpress.com

Cost $4,000.00 plus installation. Unless you install your self..

No modifications to the hood..

Todd Z

RShek,

If I can keep my foot off of the floor (which is INCREDIBLY difficult, because it's so much FUN to be pinned to my seat like I'm in a banana-colored rocketship), I get about 18-20 miles per gallon. I will have more mileage information when I get back on Thursday evening. I'm going to fill up before I leave, it's 303 miles down there, 303 back. I'm guessing about a tank and a half.

Rama,

Todd pretty much answered your question and he's right on the money (all $4000 of it). I did have to make a very slight mod to the hood, I had to cut a little piece of the fabric stuff on the top of the hood, about a 3" x 3" piece had to be cut out to allow for the throttle cable to work properly, but no other mods. Even that little piece probably wouldn't be noticed if you didn't know what you were looking for. No mods whatsoever were done to the outside though. This is an eaton m62, like is used on the Thunderbird SC, as well as some of the GM cars from the 80s and 90s. I suspect that even if you pirated an m62 from another vehicle, you'd have to find a way to fabricate it onto your 4.0L, so it's probably just better to buy it directly from EE if you can afford it. They also supply the injectors, fuel pump, vacuum lines and EVERYTHING else you will need to install it (except for the wrenches and other common tools). I have said before that if you were to go out and try to buy everything yourself, it would probably cost you nearly $4000 anyway. There is a LOT of stuff that comes with this kit from EE. Dave has done a great job of putting everything you could possibly need in the kit. He's had a fair amount of experience doing this too, I was number 86 to buy an x-charger kit. My mechanic ran into a bit of a problem, we called Dave and it was fixed within about 5 minutes. I really just cannot say enough good stuff about the xcharger, EE and Dave, they're AWESOME. I gained over 100 horsepower with this system. Others have reported anywhere from 70-100 as well. You really can't go wrong with the xcharger...well, as long as your wife/girlfriend/other doesn't kill you before you get to drive it. ;)

Latest posts