Supercharged Trac in Memphis on Thursday afternoon

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i live in north western mississippi and i go to school in downtown memphis. where are you gonna be with the truck on a chassis dyno?? Lucky's motorsports? thats the only place i know of with a chassis dyno. id like to come and see it.

I'll post a link to the place where I'm going to be at the bottom of this message. It's a place called DynoSpeed Racing. The address is on the website. Yahoo Maps found it for me too. We're scheduled to be there about 1pm. Do you have any idea what time you will be dropping by? That way if you're not there right away, I will know to wait a little while.

IS IT THURSDAY YET ? !!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

argh, argh, (tim Allen) More power !!!!!

heheh

Todd Z

Yeah, I can do that. I'll be sure to pack my video camera. Not sure quite how much time I'll have to use it since I'll probably be in there running the truck when it's on the dyno, but if the owner of the dyno will run the truck, I'd be happy to get video of it.

With 10 lbs of boost, I should get somewhere between 100-150 rear-wheel horsepower over stock once it's properly tuned. I finally got my boost gauge put in this morning, and that's what it's showing at wide open throttle. Now I just have to make it all the way down to Memphis tomorrow without blowing it up. hehe

I have heard some estimates, depending on the engine, exhaust, air-flow via the intake, etc., that rates horsepower as high as 22 per pound of boost. I won't dare say I'll see 220 horsepower over stock, but that suuuuure would be nice. ;)

i wont be there until maybe a little after 1. Um, ive never been there but i guess i could talk to whoever is around and they will let me see ur truck ? anyway ill be there. i want to see this.

When they say "High mileage vehicles should not be supercharged" ... what exactly does that mean?

Nobleman,

the extra stress ,heat and extra HP created by the s/c can cause damage to a vehicle with high mileage on it, lets say over 70,000 miles....

Plus with that high mileage, your taking a chance of doing all the work and then blowing something up and having to start all over...

Todd Z

Mine went on with 55000 miles. That could have been considered "high mileage". However, I didn't run the crap out of it constantly...well, before I got the supercharger anyway. Almost all of those miles were "highway" miles, I do a lot of driving. My engine was also very well maintained. I change synthetic oil every 3000 miles, all other fluids flushed every other time I get an oil changed, transmission at every 10k miles.

As usual, Todd is right though. I'd say 55000 miles would have been the max I'd have tried it. :)

Tony,

You won't be able to miss my trac, it's zinc yellow. I'll have on a hat with a "6" on it, dark blue...kinda ratty looking, but it's comfortable. I don't know what clothes I'll be wearing yet, jeans and probably a long sleeve shirt of some sort, probably gray or dark blue. The appointment is at 1pm and we've got an hour of dyno time (with a half-hour extra if we need it). I'll probably hang around as long as possible if you haven't shown up. If you send me an email, I'll send you my cell phone number so you can send me a text message if you're going to be much after 2pm...that way I'll know to hang around a bit longer.

That's not saying you CAN'T put a supercharger on a high mileage trac, it's just not recommended. You really are adding a lot of extra stress to the engine when you start shoving 6-8 more pounds per square inch of air into the cylinders.

When the SVT trac makes its appearance, mine is going to be sitting on a dealer's lot too. ;)

IS IT THURSDAY YET ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, ill be there at 1 probably. I'll be a little skinny white dude looking for the sport trac. I hope i find the place, i got directions off of mapquest so i should find it. i guess you can see my sport trac while im there, although i took the rims off for a while ( darn potholes in the roads )i do have the air ride.

My name is Scott. If you email me, I'll give you directions on how I'm getting there, as well as some other things to look for to know it's me you're talking to...and my cell phone number in case you are gonna be late.

Tony,

I sent you an email. I sent it to the address you had listed in your profile. Check that, it should give you all the information you need. If you need/want to know anything else, just reply to the email and I'll answer either tonight before I go to bed or first thing in the morning (6am!!).

See ya tomorrow.

--Scott

By the way Todd...only 1 hour and 43 minutes until THURSDAY!!! :D

YAY !!! IT IS THURSDAY!!!!!!!