TICKET LIQUIDATOR. com OR STUB HUB.com

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i buy and sell tickets for my friend and i use e-bay. not a problem yet the past 2 years.

stubhub is also a very good.

I bought tickets this year for the NFL Hall of Fame pre-season game on Stub Hub. Worked out great and the game was a lot of fun too. I'm not a fan of either team but the Hogettes were really on their game. :D:unsure::huh::wacko::D

It is not supply and demand. Ticketmaster has a monopoly, Against the law. Stub hub and ticket liquidator have contracts with ticketmaster to buy tickets before they go on sale. they then mark them up and sell them at a profit.

It is illegal for you and I to do that?

Supply and demand? Don't make me laugh.

Tom

supply and demand.

not enough tix for the demand. thus marked up tix for a profit.

if someone wants to go bad enough, they will pay

not enough tix for the demand. thus marked up tix for a profit.

if someone wants to go bad enough, they will pay

That is right. It is only supply and demand when someone tells us tey can do it, but you and I are not.

Ticket scalping is illegal.

Tom

tom,

if there are 50,000 tickets and 100,000 people want to go. it is supply and demand !

if there are only 10 sport tracs made and 20 people want them, once again it is supply and demand. some people may choose to spend well over what a ticket is priced. that is their choice.

and as bill v. mentioned, charging over face value is LEGAL in ny state

btw, you need any tickets ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
gary s., I think his point is that if there are 50,000 tickets, and 100,000 people want to go, and one person is given the ability to buy out all of the best of those 50,000 tickets prior to anyone else having a chance, and at a price significantly less than market value, then that is NOT supply and demand.

(Note--I don't know enough about it to say whether that is or isn't what is happening. And even if that is what's happening, I'm not commenting in this particular post on whether that is either legal or fair. I'm just trying to clarify the point that I think Caymen is trying to make.)

Last edited by a moderator:
bill,

thanks. but i don't believe that practice exists anymore. the leauges, teams, venue's are under tight watch to prevent this from occuring.

ticket brokers get the tix they resell from either the owner/purchaser of the tix. then they re-sell them at a higher price. the event is sold out and there are people that will pay higher than the original price. the same apply's if a private individual decides to sell their tix on e-bay, stub hub or to a ticket broker.

my interpertation, supply and demand

Gary,

Exactly what Bill V is saying is what I believe.

Stubhub buys the primo seats before they are available to anyone. You, myself, Bill, or anyone else has a chance to buy those tickets. They get "free cuts" to buy those seats.

You never had the chance to buy those tickets from the get go. You are first in line and you get the crappy expensive seats.

Tom

I would disagree to some degree. Yes, they probably grab up a ton of the general admission seats. However, all of the tickets I have purchased through StubHub have been from season ticket holders, whether it be an individual or corporate seats.

Latest posts