TPMS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKF

2008 Limited
Reaction score
I’m getting too frequent on this site…bought new rims and tires today. (And 4 new TPMS for each wheel). Of course the check tire pressure message is coming on every time I start my truck now. Along with the dashboard tire light symbol. Disco Tire said it goes away and resets itself after a day or so. Why do I know that ain’t gonna happen? 2 g’s for a wheel package - I should have zero issues! Best course of action here?

When I upgraded my wheels, including with new TPMS sensors, I had to bring it to a tire place, (Firestone) and have them reprogram the computer to read the new sensors. It was short money and didn't take very long, well worth it in my opinion.

Ebay and Amazon sell the learning tool needed to teach the sensors. Youtube has several videos. However your tire place should know how to do it for what you paid them.

I’m getting too frequent on this site…bought new rims and tires today. (And 4 new TPMS for each wheel). Of course the check tire pressure message is coming on every time I start my truck now. Along with the dashboard tire light symbol. Disco Tire said it goes away and resets itself after a day or so. Why do I know that ain’t gonna happen? 2 g’s for a wheel package - I should have zero issues! Best course of action here?
On my 2010 I bought wheels and tires without tpms sensors. I used forscan to shut the dash light off. And at the same time turned on the daytime running lights

Check the pressure. I quit going to Discount Tire because they would over inflate my tires, and break a stud. The TPMS on my wife’s car was super sensitive and had to be within 2PSI of recommended pressure listed on the door sticker.

I took it back to DT and the guy who “knew what to do” - was working. DT “got me taken care of.“ Had to go back but ultimately a happy customer. Overall I’d recommend. But they really should bring back the coffee in the waiting room IMHO.

the discount tire in martinsburg wv, scraped up 2 bbs wheels on my daughters tucson night when she came home on leave few months back and they are satin black, and acknowledged the person who did it and said sue us.. after 40 plus years using them i was in shock. the rims are a couple grand each and the way they acted toward the military and comments made were disgusting. i would be carefull using them.

Wow, totally uncalled for! That’s a situation where it’s tempting to sue somebody. But ultimately not worth the hassle. My place is in Beaufort , SC. Beautiful town and a beautiful DT🤓👍.

All Discount Tire stores are corporate owned. It is not a franchise operation. From what I read online, they want to keep tight control over their store operations, not possible with a franchise system. I've had nothing but helpful, courteous and careful service from the two DT stores I've patronized over the years. You should have complained to the corporate office.

When I got my second set of Michelin Defender tires in October my truck was right next to the windows in the waiting room. The shop was very busy that day and the guys were working hard. I watched every move the mechanic made around my precious Sport Trac and never felt his work was sloppy or in any way had the potential to damage my wheels or the vehicle. There was a shop supervisor working with all of the mechanics and I watched him double check and sign off on every set of tires pulled from stock to confirm they were the right ones for that order.

Last edited:
I have watched so many companies go way south in last few years so what happened did not shock me as it would of 5 years ago, so for 40 plus years and all over the us, i was taken back by what just happened, even more so when i moved from oregon as it went south to west virginia.. also why i moved from co many moons ago. as dfk mentioned its not worth my time to deal with them but i will warn people to be vigilant.

+^^^
Definitely, extremist\social\political\religious\moralist\left\right\red\blue\green\purple\... opinions & statements
belong somewhere else, not in this forum. There are plenty of other, way too many, web sites for that junk.

Gen2 STA’s have skinny spares with no sensors. Not sure about spares on trucks with smaller than 20” rims.

Yeah- was going to say I don’t think my spare has a sensor - since I’ve been error free on my dash since my new tire and wheels were done and the computer reset correctly.

Spare does not have one... did you buy the right frequency ??? that matters alot..

Latest posts