Used Car Purchase

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a cool car Clay. Not much you can find in that good a condition for that price range. I would love to have a little 5.0 Mustang or a 2.5T swapped 02-03 WRX STI to romp in. I've got the house now and in 2010 we will be spending at least $30,000 on it in uprgades.

Clay, if you're near Oklahoma, I have a buddy that has a grey market '85 M6 he's wanting to sell, black on black. Several years ago he had the engine rebuilt and the guy put chrome rings in, they never seated. It's still has the euro metric rims that are prone to cracking. I think he's wanting $1500 to someone that would treat it right and restore it. Maybe Dinan it.

You might want to check with your state laws first since some states will not allow a salvaged title car to be registered on the road unless the repairs were made by licensed shop approved to do that kind of work. Also, the damage to the front of the car does not appear to be so bad as to warrant a salavaged title...so it may have already been brought back from the dead before the last accident?

I don't know how long the current owner had the vehicle, but if he owned it, but it seems odd that nobody had fixed the minor front-end damage? I am suspicious that there may be a lot more damage than appears in the photo, possibly from a prior accident, flood, or something?

I assume you cannot drive the vehicle, but that is the only way you can tell if it is mechanicly sound.

$900 is a great price if the damage in the photo is all that is wrong...I'm just a bit suspicious.

...Rich

Latest posts