V8 gas mileage / CAYMEN

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All very good responses guys!!!

I would assume that I should take it to the dealer and have them check or is there an easier/quicker way of doing this???:)

It's true, you always get better performance when you use the /CAYMEN switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know you are computing the MPG correctly and it is giving you accurate distance measurements and none of the tires are dragging abnormally (these you can easily check) then I would go to the dealer and have them reload the computer.:cool:

Heck I got 16 (in town) in my Expedition with the 4.6. And it's heavier than the ST. I would think the ST should get at least 16.

That's not what I asked......how many gallons? Did you run them almost dry before you filled? I suspect you are having a problem figuring mpg. You have to know how many gallons, not how many times you visited the gas station.

yes.. I almost ran them dry.. and I did not keep a written log of the MPG.... # of gallons divided by miles driven = MPG

just used my calculator at the station and I don't remember the # of gallons. but I will strat to keep a log now!!!:)

Don't know if you typed it wrong or what...but.....MPG = miles driven divided by gallons used. Your calculation would yield gallons per mile.

I bought the scan gauge 2, It will give you all the information you need to see what is going on with the vehicle,The one thing that it will help is if you set it on current mpg, you can see if its you or the vehicle. It can also read and clearthe cel codes in case something does go wrong. Ron