VACATION PLANNING

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
starting to plan the family vacation for this year. The past 4-5 yrs we have always went to Myrtle Beach and stayed at the SeaMist Resort. Have never had any major issues, but wife asked me to look for something different this year.

We picked seamist because it was very kid friendly (10yr and 5yr) with the amusement/waterpark/puttputt,etc all in the area and included in the package.

Does anyone know of anything similiar to seamist that would be within a 8- 9 hour drive from Knoxville Tn. Some of the places i have looked at so far is North Myrtle, THe gulf shores and Va. Beach.

any input would be gr8ly appreciated.

Lots of good places in the outer banks - especially the southern part such as Atlantic Beach. My friend lives in a beach condo place called "A Place at the Beach" that has it's own water slides, both indoor and outdoor pools, and is on the beach within walking distance to Fort Macon. No amusement parks, but is a "tourist town" with lots to do.

You can call the condo complexes there directly and they actually manage and rent out units. Here's a link to a picture:

Just an FYI for anyone planning an '09 vacation (or other large purchase) and that also have a balance on one or more credit cards:

Credit card companies are sending out finance rate increase letters to their customers.

We have carried a small balance on a low interest rate Discover card the past few months, left over from X-Mas. We have been paying way, way over the minimum due each month, and not adding any more to the card. Still, we got a notice today of a 4% increase on all future purchase and on our current balance. You do not have to miss a payment or only be paying the minimum each month for this to happen.

Just be forewarned.

Before spending more, plan to pay down/off the balances on cards if you can. There is no real limit the card companies have when whacking you like this.

TJR

I would recommend

the Bahama House in Daytona Beach, FL www.DaytonaBahamaHouse.com

or

the Holiday Inn Express @ Orange Beach,AL www.hiexpress.com/orngbchal [the kids will love the pool!]

Both hotels are on the beach.

I can also suggest many places to eat in Daytona & a few in Orange Beach.

Why don't you take the family to Orlando? There are so many things for kids to do there with Universal Studios, Disney World, etc. I bet the hotels will be pretty empty this year with the economy in bad shape, so you may find some real bargains.

Why don't you take the family to Orlando? There are so many things for kids to do there with Universal Studios, Disney World, etc. I bet the hotels will be pretty empty this year with the economy in bad shape, so you may find some real bargains.

Florida's Emerald Coast (Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, etc.) is outstanding, and should be within the distance you mentioned.

Very good restaurants, absolutely stunning beaches and plenty of family-friendly things to see and do. There's also a gigantic outlet mall with lots of high-end stores (Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, etc.)

If you're into fishing, there's a huge charter fleet. And if you're into golf, there are quite a few good courses in the immediate area.

Latest posts