What did you do to your Sport Trac today?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
replaced alternator, bled the brakes, rotated tires. Still running beautifully except for the weird charging issues, saw them the day after replacing alternator but have not seen again for a week or so.

I installed a new radio with wireless Apple Car Play and a hard wired backup camera. Think best thing to share though is after spending a couple of hours barely squeezing under my Gen2 V8 4x4 was I found a rubber grommet under the front passenger seat to push wire up into the cab. Since I was pulling the RCA cable to the cab, I also pulled a little speaker into the cab and mounted four of the backup sensors that beep when I get too close to something.
My 2004 had a rubber grommet on the driver side storage compartment behind the rear seat that I poked a hole through to run the rear view camera wire. I ran the wire from the front to back and spliced into the left rear backup light wire for power to the camera.

I'd love to see a bit of a write-up on the backup camera and sensors. Photos, brand, etc.
I installed a BOSS with backup cam from Cruthfield. The website provides fitment for various models along with the appropriate mounting hardware and wiring harness. Another good source is YouTube video.

I installed a BOSS with backup cam from Cruthfield. The website provides fitment for various models along with the appropriate mounting hardware and wiring harness. Another good source is YouTube video.
IMG_3062.jpeg

Finished installing my remote digital speedometer display, top of speedo shroud. Not obvious here, but factory speedometer is difficult to read during day driving. The “normal” 10-12% speed-off-calibration noted here.
IMG_4490.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, with Vendor/manufacturer

Actually used the cargo tie downs for the 1st time last week....lined up with cargo bag perfectly...View attachment 5467
I first used the tie downs about 5 years ago. A queen size mattress in the cardboard box fits nicely on top of the bed cover.

I installed a new shift motor from Amazon and have now got 4 wheel drive again. The hubs seem OK but from what I've read on the forum, I I'll be replacing them soon. Have to replace the parking brakes and hardware and rust convert and paint the rear dust shields which are still in fairly good shape. The rear diff is still hanging in there since I drilled and tapped it so I could change the fluid in the 410. It's still noisy but much quieter than before.

Latest posts