What did you do to your Sport Trac today?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foglights

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anything goes from waxing, detailing, fixing and etc. to major tinkering work...

Retorqued: brake calipers and mounts, body mounts.

Checked for tightness: anti-sway bars and end-links, brake drum cylinders, shocks, wheels.

Fluid check.

Picked up oil, filter, pan gasket, and filled up with fuel.

Sorry, nothing exciting.

64C04FFA-0312-44F5-BBA8-F6BD06145CF6.jpeg
Pulled the seized engine and installed the rebuilt.
96F45FBB-E2B4-43D0-8970-BAB0F2773B06.jpeg

I went to Napa for oil and filter. They suggested Blue Devil for squeaky suspension bushings. Do yall know anything about that?
It is required to rain when you wash your car. But then I live in Hilo.
Good talk Ed

replaced a bad wheel bearing, front driver side. of course it's never that simple.

Shiny bits on the bearing races, not visibly/palpably grooved outer, inner has some wear. I couldn't see much but after putting the new bearing in there and hearing things, the marks are visible on close inspection.
Couldn't get the race out..
The angle is bad and can't get a punch to seat on it. Tried screwdriver etc. no luck.

Axle has a bit of marking but I hope the bearings will rotate themselves and not spin on the spindle..

Driver side backing plate aka splash shield utterly rusted away now.
Suspect this may have contributed to inner bearing wearing out, probably gets plenty schmutz in there with no plate.
I replaced this plate on the passenger side a few years ago, it was horrible. The little 8mm head bolts are immovably rusted in place. Heat, PB Blaster, repeat, didn't work. In the end I had round head bolts.. filed the sides flat and used an adjustable wrench. The driver side looks to be just the same.. not looking forward to a repeat performance.

Put in new bearings, nice and quiet for a few thousand miles I guess. Next up will replace that backing plate, then when the bearings go again, new rotor and bearings. That rotor I believe is original, 155 000, it owes me nothing..
Should have just got a new rotor along with the bearings, had hoped to be able to get the races out, so it goes..

ok hands down every one has me beat, tomorrow i am doing fluids and rotating tires and looking at engine on other trac,, thanks for the motivation all. was going to do something with wife on day off, so i owe everyone for saving me.

On Saturday, I used 3D Insta Shine under the hood to clean it up, got it a full tank of go-go juice, filled the washer bottle, checked the fluids, and aired up the tires.

well finally started repairing the deer damage from a few months ago - it was just a glancing blow to the front which broke the passenger headlights and some minor dents to fender and hood - straightened hood and fender - installed weather tech bug deflector to hide small imperfections and because I think they look good

Started installing bull guard to front but it does not fit on the front ring pull mounting locations as advertised - must be for a f150 or something although they said it would fit 2002 ST - passed the 60 day return so going to see how I can mount it - spent rest of evening watching videos of how others are mounting them for ideas - will send photo when finished

I’m Starting a new vented hood build today for my 10’ STA. It’s taking some patients, planning and fab work. Im starting with a perfect 2019 Jeep SRT8 Track Hawk donor hood and once complete it should be pretty cool.

Attachments

• 70FF6995-5AA7-45D4-99A2-BE0FF5AF8C02.jpeg
    70FF6995-5AA7-45D4-99A2-BE0FF5AF8C02.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 69
It’s ALIVE!! Sounds great, still needs to be checked for multiple things before letting go on the road. Already looking for the next project.
Wondering what year model the engine accessories are on this?

Wondering what year model the engine accessories are on this?
It’s a 2002 stock engine, pulled from a truck my son totaled into another stock/OEM roller. It’s not been a cheap experience but I wanted to do this to confirm prices, issues, life hacks and in the end get a “new” truck. With the market still so upside down I didn’t want car payments.

It’s ALIVE!! Sounds great, still needs to be checked for multiple things before letting go on the road. Already looking for the next project.
Looks good, Fill in that gap from the fan shroud on top... Someone cut that and its not right... ALso that needed a metal thermostat housing... :)