What did you do today?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foglights

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one of these threads here.

Battling hayfever, planning a trip, and checking out cars online. And around the house chores.

How about you?

last two days has been sport trac days, took off roof basket and fender flares and all cladding, with help from old post from tom r,, very help full, clay barred and buffed it and waxed it, removed cladding from xlt trac that has silver painted cladding and mounted on my trac with painted black ones, looks way different now, trying to decide on putting stock wheels and tires and take off my 33s to make it stock. wife says i am bored, but it is the only place she stays away from when i am working on cars. hell of a lot cheaper than divorce.

Remodeling a bathroom :(

cleaned the windshield in preparation for the hurricane. I know I know it should have already been clean.

Went to the U-haul website looking for a trailer to rent to go to the swap meet this weekend. Filled out the year make model and the website locked up. Big warning popped up about all the liability and law suites against Ford about the Explorers and they won't rent to me.

https://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/25/why-u-haul-wont-rent-you-a-trailer-for-your-ford-explorer/
The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I ended up using a different vehicle, but at the time I considered just picking up the trailer with a different truck and switching to the Sport Trac when I got home... although I'm sure that would violate the terms of the rental agreement.

Everything I've read about this says it's an unwarranted overreaction to lawsuits over OEM tires on Ford Explorers from decades ago that certainly doesn't apply today. Ridiculous.

Weird - They’ll let you tow a huge trailer with a tiny 2004 CRV but not a Sport Trac. I just picked up the trailer with our daughter’s CRV and then ………!

Oh yeah, U-Haul has been carrying that grudge against Ford Explorers for decades. Doesn't matter which generation of vehicle or location, it is a corporate policy. Soured me on using U-Haul for anything.

Returned 4 giant garbage bags of pop cans got enough money to do a syn oil change and get some grocries.

Haven't seen one of these threads here.

Battling hayfever, planning a trip, and checking out cars online. And around the house chores.

How about you?
Installed new 15” Wilwood Aero6 hats, rotors, brackets SS lines and calipers on the frontend. Awaiting the rear 14” kit to be completed.
Also got my tube headers and exhaust system back from Jet-Hot with the new Extreme Insulated Titanium Coating. That will be fun to install.

Looking at some threads about upgrading the factory class II hitch to a class III. Coming home yesterday I drove up to the mailbox to check the mail and there was a Class III receiver sleeve laying right in front of the mailbox.

The newer Superdutys have a class 4 hitch that has a sleeve provided. Someone must of pulled the pin without removing the sleeve.

Pretty bad pic but it has deformations punched in the top
IMG_20220911_101321400.jpg

Just the other day installed a class 3 receiver hitch on my 2005 ST. It's a Draw-Tite from etrailer.com. Took 2 of us to do it. The website has a video on how-to. But in the bolts bag there are 2 shims that aren't right. Ugh! They are a pinch too wide and had to trim about 3/16" off with a cutting wheel. The hitch itself is beefy and good quality.

last two days has been sport trac days, took off roof basket and fender flares and all cladding, with help from old post from tom r,, very help full, clay barred and buffed it and waxed it, removed cladding from xlt trac that has silver painted cladding and mounted on my trac with painted black ones, looks way different now, trying to decide on putting stock wheels and tires and take off my 33s to make it stock. wife says i am bored, but it is the only place she stays away from when i am working on cars. hell of a lot cheaper than divorce.
What kind of fender flares are on your truck?

A set of smooth egr 3 inch. have a set on my excursion and trac from many moons back and all have held up great. is a simple screw in to factory holes. i paint them every couple years.

Wrastled a new knuckle on the rear of this thing Saturday. Ran some errands and the TPMS light was on went to Discount and had them fill it up. Sunday the TPMS light was on again figured that the tire must be down again. Fast forward to this morning backing down the long gravel driveway and it felt like I was driving in mud. I get on the road and glup glup glup. I pull over in the subdivision next to our house and I'm on the tire tool jumping up and down. Ran back to grabbed a pipe and I'm going like John Henery at this thing. Now I'm sitting at my desk silently weeping to myself wanting just a dab of icy-hot.

I got most of the Sport Trac polished last night before it got totally dark. Waxed, and 2 coats of Collinite. Have hood, and top to go !!!!!!

ALSO, trying to finish my 22'X30' garage addition.

Wife draged me too the library book sale today scored some Ford service manuals. Is there much difference between the 08s and 10s?

Attachments

• IMG_20221029_142010607.jpg
    IMG_20221029_142010607.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Found a Adrenalin on Ebay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029-082813_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029-082813_eBay.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts