Windshield Wiper blades

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
What is the best brand of windshield wiper blades to get for my 04 ST. I think it is time to replace them because when I use my wipers the windshield stays streaked up. I clean them and they do they samething that they were doing. Any suggestions?

Andrew

Anco, Trico, most are all the same... I like the bosch, BUT on my ST I only have used refills so far...

I have found the expensive ones last just as long as the cheep ones..

Todd Z

Agreed. I changed mine about three weeks ago after having the "OEM" ones for two years. Only at th every end did their ability to wipe decline. I replaced them with 20" Bosch (whatever their "normal" line is). I suppose if you live in Seattle or Hilo, Hawaii you may want to use something like PIAA or other higher priced blades. However, from my personal experience, I cannot justify dropping $50 for two wiper blades!

I can't remeber if it was the Bosch or the Rainex, but my last set had some sort of treatment on the blade caused some kind film on the windshield that made visibility difficult at night.

It's plain vannilla blades for me going forward..

I'd go with PIAA Silicon wipers, I have had them for a while now and they are great. I also heard that if you put rainx on your windshield it eats away at your wipers, not sure how true that is but I went through a pair of wipers in about a month with rainx on my windshield.

Go with the PIAA silicon. Puts a coating of silicon right on your windshield. I dont even have to use my wipers at speeds over about 50 because of the beading action.

I just picked up the Rainx Wipers at PepBoys. There was a $5 off coupon in Sundays paper if you buy a pair. Haven't had to use them yet, but we will "see" how they work.

Anco or Bosch. I have yet to find a decent 24" blade for the drivers side of the wife's Taurus but Bosch seems to be the best so far.

Also try scrubbing the windshield and side windows with Bon-Ami cleanser, it's the only one that won't scratch. Then rinse it, dry it, and put on a couple coats of Rain-X.

Latest posts