Winter's Coming

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How well it goes in the snow is more a function of the tires than anything. I got REVO's the second week I had it just to get bigger tires. Mine also has a limited-slip, so it just tears it up on the hills here in PA. I had two Rangers before, I'll also agree that the Trac is not as light in the back as a pickup. I put a couple sandbags in back but that's just because I had them anyway.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T's or Dueler REVO's, General Grabber AP's, Yokohama Geolander AT+II's, Michelin LTX A/T's, BFG A/T's, and Pro Comp A/T's are all killer in snow. Bridgestone makes Blizzak truck tires too but you can't use them all year.

For a good snow tire you want a large number of small biting edges in the tread. (For a mud tire you want the opposite, a small number of large edges.)

Winter here is pretty much a joke. Maybe get a dusting or 2 or snow, maybe an ice storm. I figure if it's too slick to get out in my FWD car, it's a good reason to stay home.