07 Owners, thoughts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 4X4 V8, with a Zabteck throttle body and a Magnaflow cat-back. Drove it from Vancouver to Toronto, the seats were comfortable even on long days and it had lots of power passing in the 50 to 70 MPH range. City milage is only 12.5, highway can be over 20 if you keep it to 60 MPH. Make sure you get the reversing sensors and I am not sure I would get the factory tonneau cover if you expect to have to remove it often, it is heavy and cumbersome.

PRM, the tires are 265/65R18 All-Terrain T/A KOs. There is enough difference in diameter that I needed the Xcal2 to correct the speedometer/odometer. No significant rubbing. I have only ever noticed a rub when backing up with the wheel at full lock to the left. The passenger side tire just barely touches the plastic fender liner in front of the tire. I could probably put a twist tie or something in there to hold the liner away from the tire but it's so minimal that it wouldn't be worth the effort. I doubt you would want to jump any berms ala Stacy David but I wouldn't do that with the stock Michelins either. :rolleyes::D

I have an 08 Limited V6 that we have had for a month. Loving it so far. We are averaging 22mpg thus far and have 1600 miles on it. No issues as of yet and no complaints at all.

i have 07 v8 xlt, the average is 11 mpg, i have TB from Todd's, and K&N air filter replacement.

maybe the gas quality is not help for better de mpg.

the only one think that i don like is the poor gas mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, some of you guys must have really heavy feet. I don't think I have ever seen 11 mpg except maybe crawling around off-road. :D

PRM said:
Appreciate the comments. I had a 2002 ST and sold it about a year ago after it rolled past 100k. Would have an '07 already if it were not for dealer buffonery. Anyway, saw a nice green '08 XLT and it got me thinking about STs again. Love the utility, just seeing how the '07s (and thus presumably '08s) are holding up after getting some miles on them. I've always done well with mileage, so I think I could do okay with the V8. Not expecting >20mpg overall though. Keep the comments coming.

Paul - New for 08: Earth Stone ("green"), Vapor Silver, new White. SYNC has just launched as of Labor Day w/end, and just received ok to ship to dealers. Another change, not sure if you noticed in the last 07 brochures - the 5-spoke thumbprint 17" wheel in the XLT appearance package -- the one that looks like an F150 wheel -- is now replaced w/ the Explorer Eddie Bauer 17" split-spoke wheel. The thumbprints are still in the XLT appearance package of the base Explorer. Not enough of the 5-spoke to go around, so they revised the wheel lineup for the ST. If you wanted the previous 17" thumbprints, you'd need to work out a switch w/ a base Explorer set of wheels, which hopefully shouldn't be a big issue w/ the dealer.

You gonna trade in that FJ? :) Let me know when ur ready pilotman, I'll get that X issued back to ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to have a fuel leak to get 7-8. Is that what you're reading on the computer while accelerating, or what is measured after a tank of gas miles/gallons?

Latest posts