brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittney D

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

i'm pretty new to this whole thing, so let me start off with saying please and thank you - that way i don't forget. ha ha :D

I've had my 02 ST for about 4 months now - Love it to death!

Anyway - let me go ahead and tell you all that i'm not very mechanically sound, so i might have some really retarded questions - for that i do appologize!

But my first go around, i need to know how to find out if my front brakes are 1 or 2 calipers,i was really hoping to do this with out having to disassemble anything..... :huh:

you have a caliper on each side... one on the drivers and one on the passengers.... ummm... is that what you were looking for?

i guess? when i went to buy the brakes the guy behind the counter asked if it was 1 or 2 caliper.... of course i gave him the "how the hell should i know look" haha - i asked him how to tell... he said i woud know when i pulled the wheels off to do the brakes.... yeah well - with just me and my one truck i kinda need to know before i pull the wheel.....

You shouldn't have to "diassemble" anything except take the caliper off the mounting. One caliper per front wheel. (total of two) Now there are two pistons per caliper if that's what you are looking for? But you shouldn't have to mess with them unless you notice the seal is cracked or something.;)

Here is a link that gives you the part numbers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts