Check Engine Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittney D

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace the EGR Vacuum regulator? I have gotten a new DPFE sensor, replace all my hoses that looked bad, and cleaned out the egr valve itself, but i still get the excessive and insufficient flow messages. I don't know what elese to do.

With older Fords, it use to build up scale below the EGR itself. Once this happens, no matter what you change it will not be fixed as the flow is affected actually in the intake itself.

This is not common on the Trac but with all you have done, it may be worth removing the EGR and looking in there to ensure the passage is clear..

my trac is an 02 and in really good shape, but has $127K miles on it. i have no other problems with it except for this silly CEL. I've taken the valve off and it was completely clean on the inside, but i sprayed it out just to be sure. i'm all out of ideas now.

I am referring to the inside of the INTAKE, not the EGR. You need to look in there to ensure the INTAKE passage is clear...

Also check the egr tubing coming from the exhaust manifold for blockage. Slao the connection point on the exhaust manfold..

I'm attempting to replace my EGR valve. Removes the two bolts...no problem, now, how should I go about removing the valve itself from the tubing??? Twist the valve or turn the bolt/nut that's attached to the tube/valve?

I'm attempting to replace my EGR valve. Removes the two bolts...no problem, now, how should I go about removing the valve itself from the tubing??? Twist the valve or turn the bolt/nut that's attached to the tube/valve?

Sorry for multiple posts...kept hitting the "REFRESH" button...must've posted each time I hit it. My Bad!!!

Latest posts